Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Novel: East Of Byzantium
For those who enjoy Graphic Novels (what we once called comic books) there is this offering set during the Fall of Rome ...

http://www.eastofbyzantium.com/

East of Byzantium
The story of exceptional men and women, who must pull together a world torn apart by War, Religious Strife and the lust for World Domination. From the murder that destroyed a family, to The battles that regained a kingdom, to the religious conflicts that created the first Christian nation in history, and the Curse carried down through centuries, that culminates in a bloody battlefield...
... At the Edge of Rome, and the Gates of Persia.

EoB is a Byzantine-era Saga of unparalleled bravery, a fresh new look at the world before the Dark Ages and after the fall of the classical Rome of the Caesars. And it is timely. Every conflict and power that rose out of the ashes of a falling Roman Empire still exists today, tearing away at itself, and the world with it. Cold wars and blood lust. Regimes that cover a myriad of languages and peoples propelled by resource wars and ideologies. Itʼs all still here.

In the midst of it are individuals that have have to rise to unprecedented feats of bravery and sacrifice - for their ideals, their families, and their ancestral homelands, something in the great scheme of things that is still worth fighting for...

Created by Noted Visual Effects Artist (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy) and Indie Filmmaker Roger Kupelian, East of Byzantium already has a cult following and is growing in its viral reach daily. Snippets from the upcoming epically painted Graphic Novel (pushing its own unique visual style) have been received with enthusiasm, and the first volume (the Prequel, WAR GODS) was recently published via a grant by the AGBU. Volume 2, WARRIOR SAINTS is currently in production.

Who we are is worth fighting for, and itʼs a story that deserves to be told.

They say a film is in the works -- Hollywood Romans? Perhaps... :|

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Im going to go collect my jaw, it just fell off the 8th story of my building. This is FANTASTIC! Great find!
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
I've seen this before, I heard it's pretty good.
There were free view of some pages of it in the past and it looked very atmospheric and well made.

By the way I hate that hypocrite term"Graphic Novel"and would never voluntarily used it myself :wink:
Quote:By the way I hate that hypocrite term"Graphic Novel"and would never voluntarily used it myself :wink:

Indeed -- it is similar to calling science fiction "speculative fiction' a term used for a short time during the mid to late 70's. It was, as if, changing the name would somehow make the genre more acceptable. I would have thought Jules Verne and H.G. Wells had already made the genre acceptable.

Ah well, regardless of what we, they, or someone else calls it, when well sone these can be a lot of fun.

At the same time that I found East of Byzantium I also came across a new 5-part series from Dark Horse based upon the 47 Ronin. The story itself seemed quite faithful to the historical events (certainly much mored so than the new Keanu Reeves film will be) but the art work did not grab me. Not bad, but not a style I found particularly appealing. But that's just me. So is the nature of art, and the fun of it.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome Amiculus 29 4,451 06-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Amiculus
  Graphic Design Forum... Anonymous 0 1,129 02-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Anonymous