Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ostia legions event 2003 + Vittoriano exhibit, photos/clips
<br>
Saluete,<br>
<br>
as well as the 2002 legions event at Albano - Italia, here the official photos and videoclips of the May 2003 Ostia Antica legions event go:<br>
<br>
users.libero.it/sabsab/ostia2003.htm<br>
<br>
(the videoclips are about 2.5 Mb to 9.0 Mb)<br>
<br>
Moreover I've put online the photos of the roman military equipment exhibit at the Vittoriano Museum in Roma (piazza Venezia - via dei Fori Imperiali, since May 19 till June 13 2003)<br>
<br>
users.libero.it/sabsab/vitt2003.htm<br>
<br>
Groups attending the Ostia Antica 2003 legions event:<br>
<br>
Legio XIIII G.M.V. (Daniel Peterson)<br>
Legio XXX U.T.V. - Rome, Italy<br>
Legio V Alaudae (Caesar's period) - France<br>
Legio X G.P.F. - Czech Republic<br>
Legio VIII - France<br>
I Cohors Praetoria - Rome, Italy<br>
Legio XV Apollinaris - Austria<br>
Legio VI, I Roemercohorte Opladen - Germany<br>
Pax Augusta gladiators - France<br>
<br>
Material for the Vittoriano exhibit supplied by:<br>
<br>
Daniel Peterson<br>
Legio XXX U.T.V.<br>
<br>
I hope you'll like them, enjoy.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
<br>
“At nostris militibus cunctantibus maxime propter altitudinem maris, qui decimae legionis aquilam ferebat, obtestatus deos ut ea res legioni feliciter eveniret, 'desilite' inquit 'commilitones, nisi vultis aquilam hostibus prodere; ego certe meum rei publicae atque imperatori officium praestitero.' hoc cum voce magna dixisset, se ex navi proiecit atque in hostes aquilam ferre coepit tum nostri cohortati inter se, ne tantum dedecus admitteretur, universi ex navi desiluerunt. hos item ex proximis navibus cum conspexissent, subsecuti hostibus adpropinquaverunt.â€ÂÂ
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Titus,<br>
eh, eh, beware to certain armchair “expertsâ€ÂÂ
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy
Titus,<br>
Great pics, both sections. I can't say anything about your stuff, only that I wish I had only a small part of it! And a room to exhibit..<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Great stuff<br>
and I am really sad I missed it!!!!<br>
Are you planning a publication of the catalogue of the photos with some explaining text? something that could be sold to maybe organize another exhibit?<br>
Ciao<br>
bravi <p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
<br>
<br>
Thank you very much! A catalogue was planned since a lot and photos and texts are already ready, let's see.<br>
An all year lasting exhibition is possible with some improvements and by increasing the collections with new stuff, let'see again about the sponsoring. Of course we hope to succeed and serious help is needed from anyone.<br>
<br>
Two gladiators videoclips are now added to the videos list, enjoy!<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
<br>
“At nostris militibus cunctantibus maxime propter altitudinem maris, qui decimae legionis aquilam ferebat, obtestatus deos ut ea res legioni feliciter eveniret, 'desilite' inquit 'commilitones, nisi vultis aquilam hostibus prodere; ego certe meum rei publicae atque imperatori officium praestitero.' hoc cum voce magna dixisset, se ex navi proiecit atque in hostes aquilam ferre coepit tum nostri cohortati inter se, ne tantum dedecus admitteretur, universi ex navi desiluerunt. hos item ex proximis navibus cum conspexissent, subsecuti hostibus adpropinquaverunt.â€ÂÂ
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Wow, that exhibition was totally off the hook I really enjoyed it! Great stuff in there! <p></p><i></i>
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Titus or Dan,<br>
<br>
congratulation to You and Your commilitones for the exhibition and the sensational photos. Both sites (Ostia antica and Vittoriano Exhibit) belong in the meantime to my absolute favorite topics. I really regret that both events were so far away ...<br>
<br>
Very impressive is the music in the Ostia videos' background. Can You please tell me componist and title - Respighi?<br>
<br>
Another Question: in the exhibition seems to have been imbedded a vitrine with roman miniature figurines. Do You also have photos from these and can You display them here or in the Vittoriano site?<br>
<br>
With friendly regards<br>
<br>
Uwe<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Greets - Uwe
Cool, I saw some late romans and a couple aux troopies. Where are rome's enemies? ie the barbarians. <p>[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium/" target="top]groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium/[/url]<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Those battles look like they're a complete hoot! Awesome pics.<br>
<br>
I have some questions though. The legio XXX guys from Italy. Does anyone know A) why their centurion's Gallic helm has brass eybrows? B) Why they go under the name "Ulpia Trajana Victrix"? I've been able to find no reference in the historical record of the 30th ever being referred to that. All I've come accross is "Ulpia" or "Ulpia Victrix". C) where did they get their sheild emblem from? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Thank you very much again fellows.<br>
<br>
Uwe,<br>
<br>
The music of the parade is from Ottorino Respighi's " I pini di Roma" / " I pini della via Appia" It is the only work ever made about roman legions returing to Roma for the triumph after a victorious war, along the via Appia.<br>
<br>
The other music are: from Holst's "Planets"/ Iupiter and Mars and from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet/ Montecchi and Capuleti.<br>
<br>
Unfortunately I have not pics of the figurines, sorry...<br>
<br>
Tib,<br>
<br>
Now you make me think, I never asked that to Ettore, my centurion in the XXX U.T.V...<br>
<br>
About the Traiana name, I confess my ignorance: I'll ask soon<br>
<br>
The shield emblem is from the traian column<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Hey titus, who were the guys in the blue tunica? For a second, it looked like the red vs the blue, which was kind of cool. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Dumb question, I know, but how are you guys getting the video to play? I am clicking and double -clicking but no joy.<br>
<br>
Yours, more comfortable with 1st Century AD technology,<br>
<br>
Paulus <p></p><i></i>
Titus,<br>
<br>
thank You for the informations - I will try to get this beautiful music.<br>
<br>
Paulus,<br>
<br>
I had the same problems. It 's just only that the videos need rather much time until they start. I can't say how long I had to wait, 1 minute, perhaps 2 minutes - it seemed to be very long for me. So my tip is, just click one time and just wait, when You hear the music, You will see, that the video starts.<br>
<br>
Valete Uwe <p></p><i></i>
Greets - Uwe
Uwe,<br>
I may see you at the borse tomorrow, but if not, the series 77's were done by a member of LEG XXX. The miniature cohorts are part of my over 20,000 figure collection originally set up at the Rosenheim exihibition. I have the whole thing on video somewhere. The idea was to give an idea of probably the minmum number of forces lost in the Varus disaster. There are two legions of Hat and One legion of Esci. I have helped Hat devolop most of their ancient line.<br>
<br>
Dan <p></p><i></i>
Great event, Titus! Congratulations again, it was clearly a real success and well attended.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT Round-Up 2003 - Xanten - 21&22 June 2003 Praefectusclassis 25 10,222 11-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat