Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRASSO is my FRIEND? What other things do use?
Hello Patrick,

If these were mine, I might be inclined to try a going over on a wheel with a cotton buff and bobbing compound which is more aggressive than rouge. In the photos they almost look like they've been painted with gold paint Confusedhock: but I expect that look comes from the lack of actually having been polished.

Emery paper is another option but would definitely be tedious. You might also want to try a brasso-like stuff called "Penny Brite" it cleans copper and copper alloy and once its well rinsed in water it doesn't leave residue. I use it after pickling for chamleve and cloisonne enamels I'm making because it will get all the crud off and not leave a film.

If I don't want to take something to the polishing wheel (because when you polish on a wheel you will lose sharpness on any designs), I like to wet my thumb and index finger and then dip them in pumice powder and then just rub the piece between my fingers. It won't get things to a super high polish but it will give it a nice shine.

Its a bit "stream of consciousness" but hope these suggestions might be a help,

Lucianus
L.E. Pearson

Messages In This Thread
BRASSO is my FRIEND? What other things do use? - by gaiusseptimiuslucianus - 02-14-2013, 03:06 AM