Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeological Institute of America - Northwest US
We of Legio III Cyrenaica have been presenting at Archaeology fairs and other events of the AIA for two years now, including at their Annual meeting in Philadelphia, PA last January 2012. They have been very appreciative of our contributions to their events.

The next annual meeting, in Seattle, WA (I believe) would like to invite Roman or other ancient Roman/Greek period reenactors to come to their Archaeology Fair. It will be early in January 2013.

We brought things for visitors to see and try on - I have artifacts and books, etc, and we also bring helmets etc. These fairs at the AIA meetings get both public and registered attendees to the conference as visitors. I also spent a day of the conference, before the archaeology fair, in Roman soft kit, and got a very enthusiastic response from everyone.

I know there is at least one Roman group in the Pacific Northwest, and possibly others, too. Please, contact me via a reply here or via private message, and I can help put you in touch through our local New England AIA contact, Kelly Lindberg at Boston University.
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
I passed this info on to my centurion. I don't know if he'll be in contact with you or not due to the lateness of the hour now but he may. Thanks for posting this. I wish I'd seen it sooner but I haven't checked in here in quite a while.
AKA: Tony L.

LEG VI FFC, Coh II
I believe that your legion with a few of its military and civilian members will be represented at the AIA annual meeting and particularly their Archaeology Fair. I heard from your centurion in December when I followed up directly to him.
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle for Europa (ten.) Pacific Northwest pathfinder2162 0 796 09-19-2012, 03:32 AM
Last Post: pathfinder2162