Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murmillo Helmet, Typ Berlin
Hello,

has anybody fighting experience with a Berlin type helmet ? I love it for the looks, but I am not sure how well it is to fight with. Please tell me about your experiences, also with other murmillo helmets, what you like and dislike about them.

Furthermore I am searching for pictures, that show the Berlin Type Murmillo helmet from the back.
I am interested if there is something to attach feathers or a crista.

If somebody has pictures, it would be great to post them or send them to me.
I always liked it. it is comparatively heavy, your vision is not too bad, though, and you can breathe much better than in the Pompeii type helmets. You feel a bit like a tank, when you wear it. ^^
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Vision is constraint to your front but that is not a problem as you only have to follow the movements of one adversary. You have much better downward vison as in a Secutor and realy good flow of air.
With its very low "brim" your scoulders and neck are perfectly covere and you can bear the weigth on your shoulders if you pull them up and let the brim rest there.
The throat huard of the original is angled to protect the throat and neck completely, but I have not seen any good reproductions featuring this accurately.
Olaf Küppers - Histotainment, Event und Promotion - Germany
I will have Peter Müller (http://www.plattnerwerkstatt.de/hp/) do the helmet for me. He has the complete reconstruction report. He already did a beautiful greave for me that fits the Berlin type helmet.

I just wanted to check how the helmet performs in the arena, before spending so much money on it Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Somebody on Rat noted that the Berlin helmet without the crest also makes a later provocater helmet.
regards
Richard
Furthermore I am searching for pictures, that show the Berlin Type Murmillo helmet from the back.
I am interested if there is something to attach feathers or a crista

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Murmillo helmet...help Doc 3 1,999 05-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius
  Berlin Helmet Incitatus 2 2,464 10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Last Post: richard robinson