Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannibal -- The Vin Diesel Film Project
This film has been stuck in Development Hell for many years, but now it looks like that may be changing ...

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/139270/

Vin Diesel hints Hannibal of Carthage movies

December 25, 2012 - 17:13 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Vin Diesel has hinted that his Hannibal movies might be getting the green light, Belfast Telegraph said.

The Fast And The Furious star has long wanted to make a trio of films about Hannibal of Carthage, a general during the Roman Empire.

And he has now posted a message on his Facebook page suggesting he is about to realise his dream.

The 45-year-old wrote: "When a dream is born in your childhood... When you spend a decade daring to pursue it... The day, a head of a studio says... 'I want to make all three films of your Hannibal trilogy!'."

It's thought Vin is hoping to both star in and direct the movies.

Is this good news or bad?

That depends, in large part, on their approach to this project, however ... A new film about ancient Rome is full of potential. Besides, if Hannibal is in the film then Scipio will be too and that is a good thing. To my mind Scipio was the noblest of all the Romans.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
That's great news, thanks for posting, I heard about this couple/few years ago as well as sadly assumed it would not get made.
I am happy for any roman/ancient history themed show or movie to be made, even those with questionable accuracy etc.
Eric C.
As much as I looked forward to an serious movie on Hannibal, I believe Vin Diesel would be a classic miscast in his role, not only physically but about in every aspect imaginable. I'd rather see a cunning, tough but fair type like Willem Dafoe in his place. Or, perhaps better, some unknown, uprising talent.
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
I cringe at the very idea of Vin Diesel starring as Hannibal.

However, if the films get made, I will be first in the queue to see them. :?:
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
It's those 'evil Roman patricians' I'm looking forward to... Them and their leather-clad legions.

:dizzy:
Nathan Ross
Quote:Them and their leather-clad legions
:lol:

I'll still see it though. Sucker for ancient period movies I guess.
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YUCK: Latest News on the "Hannibal" Film Anonymous 21 3,811 04-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Octavianvs
  Vin Diesel Mounts His Elephant Thiudareiks Flavius 20 5,874 07-29-2002, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Muzzaguchi