• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A serious matter
Avete<br>
<br>
This web page...<br>
www.mambri.com/legio/<br>
...contains dozens of photos gleaned from many many Legio club webpages.<br>
<br>
There are many taken off of our webpage ( www.legio-ix-hispana.org ) without permission or credit. We are seriously disinclined to extend permission at this time.<br>
<br>
We are drafting a letter to be sent to the owners of the URL and the URL hosting service concerning the unethical perhaps illicit use of our copyrighted materials.<br>
<br>
Salvete<br>
Hibernicus<br>
<br>
Sean Richards<br>
President Legio IX Hispana<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Unfortunately, my Spanish is virtually nonexistant and I can't really tell whether this is a club website for a Spanish version of VIIII Hisp that's just getting started and has no photos of its own to post, or whether it's a commercial website selling stuff, or a purely educational website about how a Roman legion functioned and was kitted out.<br>
<br>
All in all, it's a nice-looking site. I personally have no objection against them using photos of our Leg VI Victrix website, as long as they are properly credited (which does not appear to be the case). And, as Hibernicus says, they should have asked for permission before using the shots.<br>
<br>
T. Flavius Crispus<br>
Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis<br>
California, USA <p></p><i></i>
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Salvete<br>
I am Primus Minicius Octavianus, from legio VIII Hispana, and I want to apologize for the use of all this uncredited images.<br>
We are traying to rise a legio here in Spain, and we haven´t any images o grafic material of our own. We have the idea to make a web to help the newbees begin making his kit, and ask Matt Amt if he agrees to let us translate his own web, the legio XX web, into spanish. You can see this credited in the main page.<br>
But when we began to use the pictures, the people that get them from internet, doesn´t copy all the information.<br>
And we decided to use them without credits. Big mistake.<br>
We are talking with the owners that have contacted us, traying to arrange some kind of satisfactory solution.<br>
In this moment we are talking with Luca Bonacina from Legio V Lucana and M. Cornelio Scipio from legio IX HSPA, your legio.<br>
We apologize again, and of course will take the mesures to<br>
solve the problem, but we also ask for some help from the<br>
groups that have more experience, members and material than us.<br>
We are not making a living from our web, only trying to raise the roman reenactment in Spain.<br>
Vale<br>
Primus Minicius Octavianus <p></p><i></i>
Jorge Mambrilla
Salve, Octavianus!<br>
<br>
Thank you for clearing this up. As I stated, you are perfectly free to use any and all images from the Legio VI Victrix website, as long as you properly credit us (and it doesn't have to be a big, obvious credit either-- just a little note at the bottom of the page would do). Also, feel free to borrow any educational materials from our site and translate them into Spanish, if you like (again, a word of credit would be appreciated).<br>
<br>
Good luck in your effort at getting a VIIII Hispania up and running in, er, Hispania! You're already starting off with a nice website, for sure. And if you ever find yourself in California, look us up and we'll show you proper Roman hospitality!<br>
<br>
T. Flavius Crispus<br>
Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis<br>
California, USA <p></p><i></i>
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Salve Crispus<br>
<br>
Gratias plurimas tibi ago<br>
Many thanks<br>
<br>
Vale<br>
Pr Mn Octavianus <p></p><i></i>
Jorge Mambrilla
Avete omnes<br>
<br>
Ave Octavianus<br>
<br>
We are in communication (en Español) with Legio VIIII Hispana of Hispania and things are working themselves out wonderfully!<br>
<br>
More interesting news later...<br>
<br>
Hibernicus<br>
LEG IX HSPA USA<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Dear Sean,<br>
<br>
Interesting! Several items pictured are mine. Who are they? I don't read Spanish. <p></p><i></i>
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.