Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteers needed: Help run RAT!
Hi all,
With the upcoming refresh of the site, I decided it's time for some new wind in the 'offices' too. As you know we have a small team of moderators who try to keep debates flowing smoothly, fight spam and generally keep everything humming along.
Some of these are venerable stalwarts of moderating, others have joined the team more recently, but it is always good to get some 'fresh blood' as well. Would you like to join this mysterious team? Please let me know! Big Grin

What do we expect? Apart from some tact, a stable disposition and preferably a 'clean slate' here on RAT, a moderator should probably suffer from a rather rampant addiction to this forum. In other words: you need to be willing to visit here daily and read what's being posted. I do not expect you to become a moderator indefinitely. The standard 'tour of duty' will be one year, normally renewable twice more for another year each. After that, and depending on the availability of new volunteers (yes! this does mean I'll be asking this question every six months or so) and your own willingness, you might do another stint, might go on to lead a project, or become a 'normal' member again and get to relax.

Apart from that, I'm also looking to reinvigorate the Ritterling project, the Imagebase, (Roman) helmet database and start a Greek one. I'm going to need leaders for those projects as well. Let's hear it!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Although my knowledge is not as extensive as many other people here, I would be happy to volunteer to help run R.A.T. now that I have become active again.
i'd be happy to help.
Richard Craig AKA Aulus Maximus
Cohors I Tungrorum
Cohors I Batavorum
I usually visit RAT many times a day -and night-, Athens time, and I also would love to help.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
I have moderation experience from Total War Center and I help on one of our ptivate Minecraft Forums as a Moderator, so I'd be willing to help here. I love this site.

Also, I like the new smilies.
Thanks guys, that's great to hear! Were you thinking of helping with a project, or are you volunteering to become mods?

Maybe it'd be useful to mention again which projects I'm thinking of:
- Reconstruction of the Tombstone imagebase (mostly transferring images, texts from the old db to the new one, and adding new tombstones of course!)
- Reconstruction/expansion of the Roman helmet database (as above, with Dr.Mike)
- Setting up a Greek helmet database
- Get the Ritterling project reconstructed and on the rails again
- Building a vendor directory.
- other suggestions?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I can mostly help as a mod. Assisting in the Greek helmet database project would also interest me although leading it might be too much for me at the time.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
I´d help with the helmet database and the imagebase...
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
I visit RAT at least once in the evening (UK time) and would offer my services if they are deemed acceptable (but probably not the databases as I have a narrow area of interest!).
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I don't necessarily have enough time to dedicate for the database, but I can help as a mod.
I'm happy to help in anyway and visit at least once a day
Richard Craig AKA Aulus Maximus
Cohors I Tungrorum
Cohors I Batavorum
Hello,

Unfortunately I must admit that I haven't found much time for coordinating the Ritterling project in the past and this won't change probably.

So, if anybody would be willing to take this role over, I'm ready to help as much as possible.

Deeply ashamed
Alexandr
Hi guys
Sorry for letting this languish, work took over big time. It's great to get so many people volunteering. I'll talk things over with the current mod team and then we'll probably have to have a public initiation ceremony. :wink: :twisted:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I have a lot more time to commit now that my internet has returned. :wink:
I volunteer for the Ritterling project!

I have very strong personal motives to stay with this for years.

The results would be mutually beneficial.

Looking forward to starting!
William R Straw
"Severinus of Noricum"
Western Roman Empire, Raetia, 5c AD
https://www.facebook.com/william.r.straw
http://www.linkedin.com/in/wmrstraw

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volunteers wanted.....Free food included!!!! Marcus Cassius LegioXIV 6 2,004 03-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Marcus Cassius LegioXIV