Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Warfare Magazine - Individual Articles?
Looking through the archives of Ancient Warfare Magazine, I notice a lot of articles I'd like to read. But I can't afford to buy all the back-issues to get them!

Is there some facility for purchasing individual articles, perhaps in pdf form? I notice that Duncan's essay on the fate of the ninth legion was excerpted in this way.

If not, might it be a possibility in future? It would be wonderful and accessible resource.
Nathan Ross
Hi Nathan
It might. Problem is, it'd be a lot of work for us to make all those articles available and we don't have a micro payment system that'd make that very affordable. We are making back issues available as PDF for, I think, a reasonable price as and when they hit a certain stock level.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I would also welcome access to per-article payment, although I also appreciate the time/cost involved... :neutral:
Noted. One step at a time though. We've got eight back issues available digitally and there'll probably be a few more fairly soon: http://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/sho...ssues.html
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hello Jasper,

I too appreciate your great work on Ancient Warfare magazine and I would also like to be able to purchase individual articles, if possible some time in the future. Of course I don't want to force you into anything. Just one day, when you will be thinking about this, considering all the pros and cons, may be showing that there is interest among the audience may influence you Smile

Thank you again.

Greetings,
Alexandr
Ancient Warfare III.5 is now available as PDF: http://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/sho...5-pdf.html

On the individual issues front: it's a bit of a difficult thing. Apple may be able to negotiate attractive prices out of credit card companies, but (depending on the exact payment method) we're stuck with 40-50 cents + a percentage on each sale. I can't very well make an individual article more expensive than say €0.99 (an entire PDF issue is only €3.50!). And we'd have to pluck 30+ issues apart at 8-10 articles each and make them available as individual products. That's a lot of work for not very much return.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:That's a lot of work for not very much return.

Quite so - I think the pdf back issues idea is the best plan, and quite nicely priced. :-)
Nathan Ross
Quote:
Jasper Oorthuys post=320317 Wrote:That's a lot of work for not very much return.

Quite so - I think the pdf back issues idea is the best plan, and quite nicely priced. :-)
Agreed. That price (1 Euro) isn't too bad for individual articles even compared to the full price, but I can see why it would not be worth your time to break down every back issue in such a way (and it would also be a tad unfair on authors who aren't the biggest name in a given issue).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Ancient Warfare - Which Thema would like? Daritus 2 1,251 06-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Nathan Ross
  Ancient Warfare Magazine / Back Issues Len Campey 2 1,421 07-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Len Campey
  Ancient Warfare XI-2: On the cusp of empire! Praefectusclassis 3 2,320 05-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding