Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scales for Corinthian Helmet
Thinking of adding scales to the top of my bronze Corinthian helm from DSC, along with painting the face of the helm black, as in seen in various vase paintings. The paint was not a problem, but having difficulty locating small round brass or bronze scales, found some 3/4" brass discs but they are $1.61 each, plus an extra .45 each for punched holes (I could drill the holes myself, of course), considering that I will need 200-300 scales that would be relatively expensive, actually more than the bronze helmet. Anyone know of any vendors that could supply these? Bearing in mind that typical scales for armour are too large, I will need small round or perhaps teardrop shaped scales..

Thanks Confusedmile:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Either cut them yourself or ask DSC for their help. Maybe they can custom cut them for you?
ALA I BATAVORUM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on Deepeeka Italo-Corinthian helmet Martok 2 1,908 05-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Athena Areias
  Chin Straps for a Corinthian Helmet faralli213 7 3,398 11-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Last Post: ose
  One Piece Corinthian Helmet by Matt Lukes Creon01 6 4,206 04-09-2015, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Creon01