Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to join the Roman Army but own no land :)
Do NOT buy any segmentata on ebay, unless you get very lucky and find a used Deepeeka. I searched for months for a decent seg on the bay, and purchased one that was pictured with all the correct buckles and whatnot. What I was sent was a piece of junk with the crappiest grade leather, that was so brittle, one of the straps holding the back armor actually broke just from trying it on. Luckily I was able to use that as an excuse to send the junk back.

I own a Deepeeka segmentata, Rusty sells this version (as well a cheap version in the theatrical/stage section, avoid this version), the Deepeeka has a few minor flaws, slightly large shoulder guards, slightly inaccurate tie loop placement (this really isn't a problem, unless you are very thin though), but overall the nicest commercially available seg. Try contacting DSC for a segmentata, they are very fast and reliable, and you may be surprised at the competitive pricing with Deepeeka, it has all the minor issues of the Deepeeka model corrected

[email protected]
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt

Messages In This Thread
I want to join the Roman Army but own no land :) - by Matt Collettivs Ave - 10-25-2012, 10:16 AM