Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Round-Up 2003 - Xanten - 21&22 June 2003
Just to draw as much attention to this initiative as possible, I'm repeating Dan Peterson's suggestion for the Xanten display in this forum too.<br>
<br>
"Xanten 2003 is still a long way off, and some of us might be back in Iraq by then. If not, I'd be happy to make available the use of the three LEGIO XIIII leather tents and any equipment (like scuta, pila, hasta and other non-air transportables for any U.S. based or similarly out of country RAT members who want to come. I also have a large canvas pavillion type tent that could house any RAT sales and information materials, but could also be slept in if we get a really large crowd.<br>
Instead of the usual 1st century display that virtually everyone else there would do, maybe we could plan to make the most extensive multi-period, "evolution of the Roman Army" type display ever assembled. Various RAT members could work on their favorite individual impression, and combined we could really have the most unique and education display at Xanten. There is still nearly a year left to prepare.<br>
I've got spare complete kits from virtually every Roman time period. You just have to pick your favorite and we can reserve it."<br>
<br>
I think it's a great idea and an opportunity for non-reenactors to be Romans for a weekend. So how about it? <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/ujasperoorthuys.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Jasper Oorthuys</A> at: 10/14/02 8:51:27 pm<br></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
What is a RAT member?<br>
<br>
Marius<br>
<p></p><i></i>
I figured it out. Sorry all. <p></p><i></i>
Section, could you please tack this thread up high on the forum? <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
The weekend being my birthday, I have already made plans to be there with a collegue, both in Late Roman gear, for one day at least. My wife's been busy over the holiday with Roman(like) clothing for the kids, and I hope I'll be able to convert her as well before then.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Ive allways fancyed being a Baleric slinger <p></p><i></i>
Because they used to be paid in women in republican times?<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
really? i just like the excuse to grow a beard, perhaps we could do a tableux of trajans colum? <p></p><i></i>
by that i mean groups of us striking poses from the colum throughout the day <p></p><i></i>
Did you know I actually read at first that you<br>
fancied a Balearic slinger? <br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
no i fancy dressing up as one <p></p><i></i>
I had an e-mail from John Taylor of the new Vicus group (www.ad500.org.uk/vicus/index.htm) who wanted to attend with some members of his group. He asked me if the organisation could tell what kind of presentations they had in mind. I am very interested in that, myself.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Robert<br>
<br>
'Cives Francorum, Miles Romanorum' <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Ok, seems that it's more practical to discuss the new developments around Xanten 2003 in one single thread - which is under the same title in the "off topic" forum. There should be news soon, I believe.<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i></i>
Ave,<br>
<br>
Could somebody send me more information regarding this Xanten festival?<br>
I would really appreciate it.<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
<br>
Opifex <p></p><i></i>
Collegium Gladiatorium Hungary
aka Gus ztav Gar as
You'll find info on the Roman festival at<br>
<br>
[url=http://www.roemerfest-xanten.de/" target="top]www.roemerfest-xanten.de/[/url]<br>
<br>
together with the email addresses of the people working there.<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jrscline>JRSCline</A> at: 5/15/03 8:43:42 pm<br></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ostia legions event 2003 + Vittoriano exhibit, photos/clips TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS 14 3,547 03-21-2004, 04:31 AM
Last Post: JRSCline
  Survey of Events in 2003 richsc 33 11,865 12-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat