Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survey of Events in 2003
<br>
<br>
<br>
Saluete commilitones,<br>
<br>
It's official: the second edition (the first one was in Albano Laziale) of the Roman legions event will be on 17-18 May 2003 within the Ostia antica archeological area, Roma.<br>
<br>
We'll have many europeans groups from Caesar to the V century AD, archers, six cavalrymen, artillery, a roman 15 tents camp.<br>
<br>
We'll do 2,5 hours of display, explanations and battles, two times per day, for a two days event. (16 May for the groups arriving)<br>
<br>
Of course, even if I'd love to have the most roman soldiers possible and you all, the budget forced me to stop the number at about 120-140 maximum, and that figure is already fulfilled by<br>
the confirmed europeans groups (about 160-170 available men). So, sadly I cannot do further invitations. Anyway if anyone is interested could write to me at the same( [email protected] ): if anyone will<br>
renounce at the last minute, they will can take their places.<br>
<br>
Just after the event, since 21 May 2003 to 13 June 2003, we will do a roman legions equipment (reconstructed pus some originals) exhibition at the Vittoriano compound Museum on the Capitolium in Roma.<br>
<br>
Both event and exhibition entrance will be free at all and for all.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
"Desilite, inquit, commilitones, nisi vultis aquilam hostibus prodere" D.B.G. (4.25)<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
SALVE<br>
<br>
You can see some exhibitions of LEGIO VII GEMINA at<br>
[/link]www.geocities.com/ivarmae...tides.html<br>
<br>
<br>
VALE,<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Hi<br>
<br>
Confirmed official dates:<br>
<br>
03./04.May: Saalburg (together with LEGVIIIAUG)<br>
29./30./31. August: Nijmegen<br>
<br>
Uncertain or inoffical dates:<br>
<br>
14./15. June: Rheingönheim<br>
21./22. June: Xanten<br>
28./29. June: Welzheim Ost<br>
<p></p><i></i>
AVE commilitiones.....<br>
<br>
for all info on the Gemina gigs this year, see:<br>
<br>
[url=http://www.gemina.nl" target="top]www.gemina.nl[/url]<br>
<br>
Postscriptvm......<br>
<br>
To the curator of the FECTIO site....<br>
<br>
Nice you have a Late Roman group.... even nicer you occupy one of our old Limes castella.....<br>
<br>
HOWEVER......<br>
<br>
Why are we not linked as a Roman society on your site....????????????<br>
<br>
MARCvS VIBIvS MAvRINvS (PROC III)<br>
V COHII<br>
LEGIO X GEMINA<br>
EX GER INF <p></p><i></i>
Hi Marcus,<br>
<br>
Quote:</em></strong><hr>Why are we not linked as a Roman society on your site....????????????<hr><br>
WELL,<br>
<br>
You're right, of course, BUT, I can say in my defence that a) I'm not finished at the moment, but I made several promises (didn't I, Aitor?) so I went ahead with what I had at the moment. I mean to add small pictures per group, you se. And, b), there won't be as many links to groups who do Principate, whereas I want to include all who Tetrarchy. So some may be left out (thereare so many!). Gemina will be included though, never fear, if only because you guys are Dutch as well.<br>
<br>
Valerius Vitalis (aka Vortigern)<br>
[url=http://www.fectio.org.uk/" target="top]FECTIONES SENIORES[/url] <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Second legion (UK) events here:<br>
<br>
www.legiiavg.org.uk/2003.html<br>
<br>
and with a bit more detail on our civilian site:<br>
<br>
www.geocities.com/domina_...index.html<br>
<br>
enjoy! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=enniuspaulinus>Ennius Paulinus</A> at: 5/4/03 11:19:04 pm<br></i>
Leg VIII Augusta (UK) events here:<br>
<br>
www.roman.org.uk<br>
<br>
also info/links to our friends the Damnonii Celts who we DO put on fighting displays with.<br>
<br>
also links to some of our groups academic reconstructions -<br>
Subarmalis<br>
Kalkriese lorica segmentata<br>
<br>
We were recently at the Chester event with the XIV's<br>
Hi to all who were there. Shame you missed it to those who weren't. It was monster. <br>
<br>
Claudia<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
We are officially announcing the event in South Carolina hosed by Legio VI and the ISPA. Please visit the site to see the numerous special events we have planned!<br>
<br>
LEGVI.tripod.com/castroromani/<br>
<br>
Givhans State Park<br>
Charleston, South Carolina<br>
email: [email protected] <br>
<br>
November 6 thru 10, 2003 (Veterans Day Weekend)<br>
<br>
Stations and Special Events<br>
(as of 7-15-03)<br>
<br>
Blacksmithing Station: Participants will be able to cast a medallion signifying the event under the supervision of Legio VI’s own Blacksmith using a real Roman Era forge.<br>
<br>
Pottery Wheel: Participants will be able to turn their own small cup, bowl or vessel on a period foot powered pottery wheel (note, in order to fire the vessel Saturday night, this must be done Saturday). Pottery demonstrations by Legio VI Supporter.<br>
<br>
Weapons Training: Participants will be able to train with double weighted weapons and shields, and actual post training with their gladius. Pila range with targets will also be available for practice.<br>
<br>
Ludus Militaria: The military games will consist of individual and group contests. Individual contests will include Pila Throw for Distance, Pila throw for Accuracy, 5 Lb Shot put, 100 yard sprint, and the river fording equipment carry (carry gear on shield 100 feet timed). Group contests will include a rope war. Other games may be added.<br>
<br>
Helvia Claudilla’s Popina Magnifico: Legio VI’s own gourmet chef will have treats throughout the day for participants to try out.<br>
<br>
Centurio’s Convivium: A grand Roman Feast will be held for all participants. All foods and placesettings will be in proper Roman Style, prepared by Helvia Claudilla, this promises to be a most excellent time for all.<br>
<br>
Romani Armamentarium: Arms and Armor display by Soul of the Warrior featureing the latest in Legion Armory and Deepeeka equipments. While primarily an educational display, items will be available for purchase.<br>
<br>
Ludus Gladiatore: Gladiator exhibitions and lectures. Input invited.<br>
<br>
Like to do an event or station of your own? Contact us! We are very open to adding additional events or stations! We also have limited vendor room.<br>
<br>
Rusty Myers<br>
<p></p><i></i>
i like that slogan: "Rome didn´t have an army, Rome was an army"<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Ave fratres,<br>
just to inform all the members that on next 24th august 2003, on the anniversary of the distruction of Pompei by the Vesuvio volcano, the Gruppo Storico Romano, on an invitation of the direction of the site and the Archeologycal Survey Office of Pompei, will reenact inside the wonderful site of the ancient city and exhibit.<br>
It will be the first time that someone reenact inside Pompei and people get inside in roman costume after 2000 years.<br>
Parade, normal life along the streets, gladiator combats and so on will be performed at the sunset in the enchanting site.<br>
<br>
VALETE<br>
<br>
Ferox, the gladiator<br>
Head of Press Office of GSR <p></p><i></i>
Avete Fratres,<br>
from next 10th september to 15th, the Gruppo Storico Romano, on an invitation from Chinese Government and Italian Commerce Chamber in Hong Kong, will parade along the centre of Hong Kong city and combat in Times Square.<br>
This will be the first time for roman soldiers to be in Hong Kong.<br>
<br>
VALETE<br>
<br>
Ferox, the gladiator<br>
cool!<br>
<br>
what is the chineese word for Roman legionair/ gladiator?<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Avete commilitones,<br>
My group, the Cohors Prima Gallica will organize on next September (13th and 14th) the second edition of our Roman festival, the 'Ludi Veleienses'.<br>
The place will be our Roman archaeological site, Iruña/Veleia (not Iruña/Pamplona!), near Vitoria, Basque Country (Northern part of Spain).<br>
All Romans will be welcomed!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Avete fratres,<br>
just to remind all the reenacters and non, passing via Naples on next 24th august 2003 that at 5,30 pm, in the wonderful archeologycal site of Pompei, the Gruppo Storico Romano will parade and exhibit along the streets inside the site.<br>
70 and more reenacters will fill up the site with roman people, like it was 2000 years ago.<br>
And it will be on 24th august, the anniversary of the Vesuvio Volcano eruption that in 79 AD destroyed the city.<br>
<br>
VALETE SEMPER<br>
<br>
Ferox, the gladiator<br>
www.pompeiisites.org/data...enDocument<br>
<br>
Ave atque vale<br>
Nero <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survey of Events in 2004 richsc 10 3,689 03-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Anonymous
  RAT Round-Up 2003 - Xanten - 21&22 June 2003 Praefectusclassis 25 10,120 11-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat