Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do 1st Century Roman groups avoid combat
Hi all
I am so cautious to get involved in this thread but eventually i had to give my pennies worth.
Most 1st cent groups are living history, ie. this is what it was like, as said many times before, sharp pointy weapons produce casualties, not wanted, and finally, years ago we used to call the Saxon/Norman reenactors "bikers with blankets"...its moved on tremendously since those days...but....a good fight/battle atracts the public but does it do more than a good drill display..good as in an AVGII ortunatly the ESG are allways absent from these debates/coments made. There is so much more t6o showing the public the things that are available in respect to Roman Mi;litary life, as the ESG would probabvly back me up on, without goinig through the phase of trying to kill each other...Roman gear...sharp and pointy....once again its gonna hurt/maime/kill
Dont want that.
Kevin
Kevin

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do 1st Century Roman groups avoid combat - by Sheikh Al Stranghi - 09-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Why do 1st Century Roman groups avoid combat - by kevin mills - 09-15-2012, 12:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silica gel to avoid rust richsc 10 1,966 05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  How do you avoid Tinned cookware dangers jkaler48 4 1,602 01-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS