Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do 1st Century Roman groups avoid combat
Thanks for the quality comments folks.I have no axe to grind on this subject. I can appreciate that people have museum quality kit that they don't wish to damage and fair play on that.But so do other periods. I also don't buy "its too dangerous", if people even consider using sharp swords in combat they need locking up (i can help here as its my day job). Many groups enjoy mock combat and some battles can look spectacular.
I really like the comitatus approach John, just doing drill can be boring for both the reenactor but also more importantly the paying customer.
I think the level of kit is great within the period and if people want to dress up in it and pose for photos thats great, but some of us would like to test the kit a little more.
Richard Craig AKA Aulus Maximus
Cohors I Tungrorum
Cohors I Batavorum

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do 1st Century Roman groups avoid combat - by Sheikh Al Stranghi - 09-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Re: Why do 1st Century Roman groups avoid combat - by Aulus Maximus - 09-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silica gel to avoid rust richsc 10 1,966 05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  How do you avoid Tinned cookware dangers jkaler48 4 1,603 01-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS