Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for LR Reenactors in USA
Are there any late roman reenactors in the USA?<br>
<br>
We have a yahoo group for iron age & dark age reenacting.<br>
<br>
groups.yahoo.com/group/IronageDarkage <p></p><i></i>
At 140 AD, we're probably one of the latest (!) in the US... there doesn't seem to be the desire to leave that comfortable 1st Century image for most US groups, unfortunately. Granted, it <em>is</em> the most well-documented period, but I've always been amazed at the Euro groups that do 3rd, 4th, and even 5th Cent., that they can find that many people that have strong interests in other-than-1C Roman [army] history. Wonderful people.<br>
<br>
If you folks are ever out in Los Angeles, look us up... there's always impromptu events going on that we attend, the more's the merrier!<br>
<br>
Gaius Darius,<br>
<span style="color:orange;font-family:georgia;font-sizeConfusedmall;">LEGIO VI VICTRIX</span> <p></p><i></i>
Quote:</em></strong><hr>Wonderful people.<hr><br>
Why, I'm honoured!<br>
<br>
Dave, did you get in touch with the two other Late Romans I sent your way?<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Gaius,<br>
<br>
Thanks for the invite. Americans seem to not be interested in history as a whole which is sad. Maybe I should move to England when I retire.<br>
<br>
Owain <p></p><i></i>
Rob,<br>
<br>
No word back yet from either person that I emailed. Can I talk you into posting some of your fine pics when I make the yahoo group for Late Roman REenacting?<br>
<br>
Owain <p></p><i></i>
I just made the following yahoo group for Late Roman/Arthurian reenacting.<br>
<br>
Owain <p></p><i></i>
I forgot to post the link.<br>
<br>
groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium <p></p><i></i>
Avete!<br>
Sorry, should have thought to post this earlier, Marc Britton's little group in Peoria, Illinois, called Terra Incognito. You may know of them already, though. No website as yet, but his email is [email protected] . There's a photo of them at the bottom of the Legio XX Photos page,<br>
<br>
www.larp.com/legioxx/photos.html<br>
<br>
Direct photo link, www.larp.com/legioxx/Britton1.jpg<br>
<br>
I might have to check out your new email list, since I recently got a little more intrigued by Late Roman and especially Arthurian stuff. Was about to splurge on a couple shield bosses and some belt parts when my car decided it wanted major work... I know a couple other folks who might be interested as well.<br>
<br>
Thanks for forming that list! Vale,<br>
<br>
Matthew/Quintus, Leg.XX <p></p><i></i>
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Matthew,<br>
<br>
Thanks for Marcs address. I've sent him an email inviting him to the group.<br>
<br>
Please do join up as the more the merrier and we hope to generate usefull dialogue unlike some other lists I used to belong to.<br>
<br>
I was happy to make a group that I am interested in. I'll even make a web page for the unit I plan on forming once I decide what unit I wanna do.<br>
<br>
Vale<br>
<br>
Dave/Owain <p></p><i></i>