Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removal of topic from the research area
There has been removal of the topic concerning a piece of horse gear from the Roman reseach and achaeology section without explanation I wish to ask why as I was replying there and it just left us.
Brian Stobbs
Quote:There has been removal of the topic concerning a piece of horse gear from the Roman reseach and achaeology section without explanation I wish to ask why as I was replying there and it just left us.
Seconded.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
It's been temporarily removed pending a discussion among moderators about the interpretation and application of 'Rule 4', and because the original poster was using language severely unbecoming a RAT-member.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:It's been temporarily removed pending a discussion among moderators about the interpretation and application of 'Rule 4', and because the original poster was using language severely unbecoming a RAT-member.
I knew using 'hackamore' was a mistake... :roll:

Mike Bishop

Hardly. But 'Ostuf' and '88' are definitely out.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Thank you Jasper, I thought it better to inquire in off topic as that was my problem when I tried to reply to Mike's "hackamore" it just became off topic.
Brian Stobbs
Since I like to be candid with everyone and since obviously I am discussed by the mods:

First of all, the action of Christian Koepfer by informing the German Public Prosecutors office ticked me off since I found it not only ridiculous but outright provocative.

I returned his volley with an `on the man` attack by comparing his actions with those of many citizens in former Nazi Germany.

This was uncalled for, unnecessary, extremely rude and very very low and below the belt by me.

I know Christian will never accept any apologies from me, we have a history, but for what its worth, I am duly sorry I called him Obersturmführer (abbreviated form) and wished him 88, which in Neo Nazi terms means Heil Hitler.

The discussion has been removed for a twofold reason.

I have stated the reasons the mods are discussing a probable ban for me, but I can only welcome the fact that there is a discussion going on on the interpretation of the rule number 4, which I protested against again, in superstrong wording.

Is this spur of the moment ?

Partly, partly ADHD, not thinking before I react and some stupid provocative urge I seem to have when feeling that rules are bent or distorted but especially when people start to use words like theft and start to threaten, nay actually reporting others to public prosecution while they do not have a clue about who, and about what they speak.

A simple getting in touch would have given all the info necessary to repatriate the item.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Been away walking the Wall for a week and I am slightly disappointed to come back and find that this does not yet appear to have been resolved. Do we have a final judgement or is one even imminent?

Mike Bishop

Hi there!

The pics and the original question are back on the research arena!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:Hi there!

The pics and the original question are back on the research arena!
But all the original discussion of the artefacts appears to have been lost. We are back to square one.

Mike Bishop

No, but they had to be put back manually. Done now. Can we stop griping? 8)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Can we stop griping? 8)
My honest opinion? I don't think you can ;-)

Mike Bishop