Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Features - Stay or Go?
There are alot of people I know looking for alternatives to fb at the moment, maybe Google+, so I would not like to see RAT linked to any social media at the moment.
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
Come on everyone, vote! This will influence RAT from here on.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I think friends would be useful if it was sort of a "contacts" list, and PM's are of course great. Besides that, get rid of them all.
The new PM system allows you to make contact lists...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Come on everyone, vote! This will influence RAT from here on.
I agree, forums are great. Especially ones like this. I don't like Facebook, maybe because I've never used it. I voted #1 choice.
RAT has social features???
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Yeah, it's the bit you reach when you click the Community button in the top menu bar.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Voted for #3. It is nice to know they are there but if they cost money, get rid of them.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
I voted to drop the SF (I must admit I never used them beyond the testing phase) and add a FB link. I opt for the latter because many people already use the RAT page on FB anyway, plus it's completely optional. Don't like FB, don't use FB, but if you do, there a lot possible.
As to the risks of FB, well, we should probably stay away from Google too, or Photobucket, paypal, FlickR, hotmail, or whatever free service we use, because each one of these presents a risk to what privacy we share with them.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
A Facebook login would be rad.
Mark - Legio Leonum Valentiniani
Not that I care one way or the other about the social features.
However, Old RAT had PM's so I want to keep them.
However, once again, all messages, with the info contain in them, are gone! :???:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:However, once again, all messages, with the info contain in them, are gone! :???:

For the umpteenth time, there will BE a PM system. It was replaced a couple of weeks ago, and the PMs from the old system were transferred to the new one. Nothing should be gone. Or are you worried that would happen? You're puzzling me! :-?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I just looked and could not see any of my old messages!
So, yes, I am worried!

However, after putting my reading glasses on...I just made out the little line of past message numbers....... :whistle: :oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legio Quinquaginta: stay tuned richsc 0 844 12-25-2014, 03:57 AM
Last Post: richsc
  Social features - which to retain? Praefectusclassis 24 3,810 09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  Places to stay in Bonn Medicus matt 0 808 10-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Medicus matt