Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient texts of interest but not online?
I wonder if there are any ancient texts that people can think of, which are of great interest for Roman military matters, or are regularly referred to, but are either not translated into English or not online?

The context is that I sometimes commission translations of ancient texts, and I just realised that (a) there must be some in this area and (b) that nothing comes to mind!

All the best,

Roger Pearse
I can think of a number of texts of interest that are not free on the internet, less that I have personally not found even in data bases like TLG.

My interest mainly lies in Greek texts, but many of them, especially those written in Byzantine times, are of course important for the study of Roman matters as well.

A text I am for years looking for in digital format is the Tactica of Leo the Wise in Greek. I have both the original text and a Greek translation in hard copy but I also need in in digital... I would really appreciate any assistance in finding it.

edit : Actually I do have it in pdf (34 MB/pages are photos), Greek/Latin, no English... if anyone wants it. I just remembered I did find it someplace some years ago, so yes, it is available on the net, even if one has to make an effort pinpointing it... Yet, I still need it in editable form.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient World Online M. Demetrius 0 689 10-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius