Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should a website contain?
Hello all<br>
<br>
Recently I was chatting with Hoplomachus who posts on the forum about reenactment websites and what they oughtto contain.<br>
<br>
We figured that there are two types of reenactment website, those that illustrate something of the group in question and others that illustrate something of teh group but also contain a wealth of research and illustration of the hobby.<br>
<br>
Two good examples of this would be Matthew Amts LEG XX website and the other being LEG II AVG. Both illustrate the groups in question but one gives the extra information.<br>
<br>
www.larp.com/legioxx/ LEG XX<br>
www.legiiavg.org.uk/ LEG II AVG<br>
<br>
With the growth of the www what shoudl we expect from a website now, is it enough to have a cross section illustrating some of the groups activities or should we fill our sites with research, studies and other helpful bits and pieces. Ultimatly does it matter one way or another?<br>
<br>
It is my opinion that a good cross section of the groups activities, research and work will encourage people to get involved in the activities of a group and assist others in starting their own, but I know there are other equally valid opinions to this sort of thing.<br>
<br>
What do you think?<br>
<br>
All the best<br>
<br>
Graham <p></p><i></i>
My two penneth<br>
<br>
I like sites which give a full explaination of the group ethos and also the equipment & the research behind it with supporting references & glossary. I lose interest in sites which are just pamphlets & dont have any depth.<br>
<br>
Conal<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>