Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Native Speaker For Communication in French
Hi. Last year, I got permission to use pictures of the only two known instances of Roman crossbow weapons at WP (see Roman crossbow pics - I am the happiest man alive!). However, somebody at WP found fault with the permission and my communication with the French museum was hampered by my imperfect French, so they were removed after a while.

I would like to approach the museum again for giving the permission, but I need somebody fluent in French for this who could translate my request. Anybody with a bit of spare time willing to help out? As of now, there are still no quality pictures of the two stone reliefs depicting the crossbows in all of the Internet. It is hardly known even by many historians that the crossbow was already known to the Romans, so this is kind of pioneer work. :-)
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
Il n'y a pas une personne qui parle francais et qui est interessée a composer une petite lettre?
Hmm.... maybe those French guys speak Greek?
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
Looks like not many people know French, at least not the language...

;-)
I'm not a native speaker, but if none such is available, I might be able to help. PM me your version of the letter, and I'll see what I can do.
M. Caecilius M.f. Maxentius - Max C.

Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur
- Q. Ennius, Annales, Frag. XXXI, 493

Secretary of the Ricciacus Frënn (http://www.ricciacus.lu/)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aigospotamoi / Native speaker English sought Jona Lendering 2 1,016 04-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering