Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome: Total War II
looks fantastic!!
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
The game looks astonishing, but I'm also very pleased with some of the gameplay changes they've made.
Quote:Units react to things, such as their colleagues being slaughtered - the idea is that these aren't idenikit clone armies anymore.
Oh, thank god. That really annoyed me about the first game (although I realise that it was certainly technically unavoidable then). Armies are also now specific Legions with their own group histories, to which presumably auxiliaries can be added - perhaps also the slaves and servants of the soldiers?

Even more encouragingly, the Eurogamer preview states that the micromanagement of individual troops at the Province level is now gone, which is a great relief. I'd love to see management of fort garrisons at that kind of detail, but perhaps that's best left to a mod.
two new screenshots:
http://uppix.net/d/4/7/953e7819f6994fc39...d37056.jpg
http://uppix.net/1/f/1/d8bc122715f2e7a74...743dcc.jpg
--- Marcus F. ---
Are those gameplay shots or animation shots?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Are those gameplay shots or animation shots?
Indeed! If gameplay shots, great!!!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Wow, they even have arrows stuck on their shields. Was that possible in Shogun 2?
it wasn't.. shields weren't present in shogun 2, due to cultural matters... no samurai with shields Tongue and, arrows only stuck in the soldiers when they were shot to death. otherwise it wouldn't get a stuck arrow animation.
Vinícius Alexandre Rodrigues
The Republican Roman kits in the two screenshot are surprisingly accurate for a vanilla game... I just hope they won't add fantasy units for once...
Danny Deschenes
two new pics

[Image: ogmkv6.jpg]

[Image: n22lzd6k.jpg]
--- Marcus F. ---
Can't wait to get this game, but if I were Oliver Stone, I'd be miffed that the 2nd screen shot ripped off my imagery from Alexander.
Take what you want, and pay for it

-Spanish proverb
They do use Montefornio (and similar pattern) helmets, which were accurate for the carthaginian timeframe. Hopefully the marian reforms wont take place in 220 AD again xD

Also, yeah my only probalem is that I though Carthage had a Circular Harbor, which the screenshot does not depict. Initially I thought it was Syracusae but then I heard it was Rome.

Wasn't the Harbor at Ostia modelled after the Carthaginian Harbor?

Also it's officially called "Rome II: Total War" (R2TW) like "Medieval 2: Total War" (M2TW)
You ca njust make out the circular harbour in the last phots posted Evan!

This is really looking good! I just hope the game play lives up to these images!
And more! 8-)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ah I see it now in Marcus F's pictures, In the original you couldn't tell and it looked like a canal judging by the spacing of the buildings around it.

I hope they do another Barbarian Invasion expansion; the Late Roman Mods for RTW: BI were always fun.
I never did find them...even though RTR or RS said to use BI to access them, it never happened for me...just starts crashing out once you progress to a certain level, while still in the principate,... Confusedad:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
RSII and RTR aren't for Barbarian Invasion...

If you want late Roman I reccomend Invasio Barbarorum: SAI, the 4 Invasio Barbarorums are the only ones left really.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,186 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,867 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome Total Realism Is Back! ahowl11 16 10,281 09-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs