Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell armour
What was the erra that the bell armour was worn? This style.

http://armae.com/antiquite/armures_antiq..._AC129.htm

Edward
Edward Lindey

A horse is a thing of beauty... none will tire of looking at him as long as he displays himself in his splendor.         Xenophon

I always believed these covered the later Dong dynasty period, probably originating in the archaic Ding.... :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It says so on the site:
Quote:

AC129 - Greek bell armor - 250€ - Pictures

Typical of the archaic period, with its bell shape and the stylised patterns for the muscles of the hoplite. Fitting for 6th and 45th cent BC reenactment.

Made of two brass halves, fixed together using brass rings.

Fitting up to 120cm chest perimeter.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
I poked around Matt Amt's website Greek pages. The Archaic bell cuirass was used through the Persian Wars (and before). That's about 449 B.C. and earlier. HTH.
Cheryl Boeckmann
Olympia Museum and Asmolean Museum boast exhibits of bell armor from before 700 B.C.
Olympia has non exhibited fragments from 800 B.C. If memory serves me right they appear in the "Angriffenwaffen aus Olympien".

Kind regards
Hi,

When we developed this bell armor we dated it as 400-500 BC (references from internet). I am confident that this Bell armor will be of interest to all of you.

We are selling this armor through Messrs. Armae,France.

Bronze version is also available.

Regards,
Al-Hamdd Trading Post,
Suhel
How much do these cost in bronze?

Edward
Edward Lindey

A horse is a thing of beauty... none will tire of looking at him as long as he displays himself in his splendor.         Xenophon

Hi Edward,

PM sent.

Regards,
Suhel
Thats not bad really, my only complaint would be with the back plate..why is the back a front? :?

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Is it possible to have this armour in bronze and in a smaller size? For example to fit a chest circumference of 100cm?
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be