Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book that you might be interested in
I'd like to offer the frequenters of this forum a chance to read my book, Marching With Caesar-Conquest of Gaul for free.

It was released on April 4th, and has climbed to the Top 3 in the Ancient Rome category on Amazon in both the U.S. and U.K., and it has received 18 all 5-star reviews to date.

Unlike other works covering the Late Republic, Marching With Caesar-Conquest of Gaul is written from the perspective of a man in the ranks, not one of the "movers and shakers" as almost every other work. Using my experience as a retired Infantry Marine, Marching With Caesar shows the reader what it was like being on the sharp edge of a nation's foreign policy. Through Titus Pullus, the main character, all that it meant to be a Legionary of Rome is seen and experienced through his eyes.

Anyone interested just needs to send me a PM, and I will be happy to provide them with a link to download a free book in any format they want.

All I ask in return is that if you like it, spread the word. And if you REALLY like it, write a review on Amazon.
I thought I would post a note here. I just finished this book on my Nook and enjoyed it. It had what I thought was an authentic "voice" for the common soldier, something that I strongly suspect transcends time periods. It explained the tactical situations the protagonist and his Legion were faced with clearly as well as giving a grunts-eye view of the political situation at the time. I understand that the next one in the series is due out in November and i will be reading that one as well.
AKA: Tony L.

LEG VI FFC, Coh II