Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show your Roman artwork
Quote:
Marc Byrne post=315488 Wrote:Superb work Pavel, shows real talent.
You ignore all these Ist-2nd Century types and stick to the far more interesting and less well represented late Roman stuff :wink:
I agree :twisted: !
Me too! You early types get plenty of attention already!! :mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
[/quote]Great artwork Pavel! 'Photos of various reenactors'.. mm, do I recognise myself in there? Big Grin[/quote]

Yes,you do Big Grin .The figure with the shield of VICTORES regiment.It's actually the first and oldest image of reenactor that I did.I often change something from the original photo but it does not mean that I don't like original vision of my model.I love fectio's reconstructions!I'm happy you like it.
Quote:
Pavel AMELIANVS post=315317 Wrote:If there's -share your Greek artwork topic-I think there should be also a roman one!I really love painted reconstructions and of course I admire the work of people such as Peter Connolly and Graham Sumner(to name just some).But to me it is not enough so I try to paint it even myself, for which purpose I often use photos of various reenactors.
Great artwork Pavel! 'Photos of various reenactors'.. mm, do I recognise myself in there? Big Grin

Yes,you do Big Grin .The figure with the shield of VICTORES regiment.It's actually the first and oldest image of reenactor that I did.I often change something from the original photo but it does not mean that I don't like original vision of my model.I love fectio's reconstructions!I'm happy you like it.
This should represent clash between forces of Usurper Constantine III and loyalist forces of general Stilicho and emperor Honorius in Gaul 407/408.
[attachment=4823]bitva2.jpg[/attachment]
This should represent clash between forces of Usurper Constantine III and loyalist forces of general Stilicho and emperor Honorius in Gaul 407/408.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:This should represent clash between forces of Usurper Constantine III and loyalist forces of general Stilicho and emperor Honorius in Gaul 407/408.
That's very good!! perhaps too plumy but why not!!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
That's awesome, Pavel!
Eduardo Vázquez
Great paintings, Pavel, especially the combat one Big Grin
Semisalis Abruna of the Batavi iuniores Britanniciani
aka Nick Marshall
Robert:well,I like it this way.Thanks for your little feedback critique Smile

Eduardo:I'm very happy that someone like it!

Nick:Thanks,I'm just a beginner but very passionate and devoted for this theme.
Nice piece again Pavel.....love the vibrant colours.
Phil McKay
Illustrator
www.philmckay.com
Nice work again Pavel. I think I see me in there.. Wink

Robert, lates get as much if not more than any otherera...quite whining! :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Nice piece again Pavel.....love the vibrant colours.

Thank you,I really appreciate the compliment from skillful artist as you are.These vibrant colors are,to be honest,result of my inexperience in using them.Personally I would like to have it in much more mild color feel...for the time being my colors look somewhat poisonous I think.
Quote:Nice work again Pavel. I think I see me in there.. Wink

Robert, lates get as much if not more than any otherera...quite whining! :mrgreen:

That is quite possible,I've used as my base photo from some late roman battle event,probably of comitatus group.

now apart from later era I want to do scene from batavian rebellion with those most classic imperial legionaries and a scene from siege of Amida in 359 as discribed by Ammianus ;-)
Quote:Robert, lates get as much if not more than any otherera...quite whining! :mrgreen:
NOT! The principate boys are always first. We lates get in there (more than republican types that's for sure) but we have to use our elbows! :mrgreen:

Thanks Pavel!!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:That is quite possible,I've used as my base photo from some late roman battle event,probably of comitatus group.
Judging by the shields and the pose, my guess would be Britannia!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans