Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show your Roman artwork
Amazing work!
VERY good work - full of athmosphere!
Is it done digitally?
Andreas Gagelmann
Berlin, Germany
Thank You guys, Im realy glad You like it. Feel encouraged to do some more stuff.
Pavel, since I constantly work in RGB colourspace (animation) – working in/for CMYK (printing) – is unfamilliar for me and tedious concerning colour. I dont have calibrated monitor for such work. If I had day or two more I would do some colouring in the first plan, add more details etc.
Andreas, yes its done digitally, using the ancient 10 years old wacom tablet. Somehow I used to it. For a quite a while I skip doing sketches on paper.

Best,
Simon
Simon.
That is a wonderful piece of art work indeed.
Brian Stobbs
Quote:Hello guys,
Here is small contribution to the topic;
It is one of the few commisioned drawings for an exhibition about Japodi (Yapides) organised by Archaeological museum from Zagreb. It depicts Octavian’s siege of Metulum ( Japod "capital"). Have to admit - I enjoyed working for this project, especially having an expert’s guidance and advise in the process. Unfortunatelly there was not enough time to do this one completely as I intended to, but anyway - the result is here, and I hope Youll like it.
Best
Simon
That scene is incredible! I especially love the confused looking barbarian in the lower left.

John1: That's some great art too! There's a strong feeling of speed and power there. My only question would be, where is the soldier's right arm? It would be impossible to hold a scutum like that. If you turned the shield through 45 degrees it would probably be fine though.
John:impression of rapid movement is great as well as feeling of inner power in you picture.
Quote:Hello guys,
Here is small contribution to the topic;
It is one of the few commisioned drawings for an exhibition about Japodi (Yapides) organised by Archaeological museum from Zagreb. It depicts Octavian’s siege of Metulum ( Japod "capital"). Have to admit - I enjoyed working for this project, especially having an expert’s guidance and advise in the process. Unfortunatelly there was not enough time to do this one completely as I intended to, but anyway - the result is here, and I hope Youll like it.
Best
Simon

Very good!!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Roman Chariot!

[Image: 228918_4166449932006_1187972039_n.jpg]
posted by Semih Koyuncu

Maybe its because of snow out there but I see santa clause in it :-)
Big Grin Well, he was also a Roman but I am afraid he was not a chariot racer. Smile

Hannibal Barca, crossing the Alps.

[Image: 390825_10200724765113964_2074616955_n.jpg]
posted by Semih Koyuncu

[Image: 1521663_10202059049310235_1963929152_n.jpg]
posted by Semih Koyuncu

To Pavel AMELIANVS - Wow, you are quite the artist sir! That is very impressive (& accurate) work if I say so myself. You are very talented at painting. I can sketch with pencils or even in pen & do a pretty good job but when it comes to paint I am like a child using finger-paints. I can't get my stuff colorized because it comes out looking awful. But anyhow, your stuff is really impressive work. I'm going to add them to my personal computer file folder of Roman reconstruction images if that is okay with you?
Dennis Flynn
Semih that legionary have one serious disadvantage for combat-his sword is somehow lacking grip holder :evil: !
Quote:To Pavel AMELIANVS - Wow, you are quite the artist sir! That is very impressive (& accurate) work if I say so myself. You are very talented at painting. I can sketch with pencils or even in pen & do a pretty good job but when it comes to paint I am like a child using finger-paints. I can't get my stuff colorized because it comes out looking awful. But anyhow, your stuff is really impressive work. I'm going to add them to my personal computer file folder of Roman reconstruction images if that is okay with you?
Thank you very much for encouraging words Dennis and if you consider it worthy for your personal folder I am honored.Just don't call me sir-I don't feel quite comfortable about it as I am still closer to boy and I definitely feel like that...although it is truth I know some people over their fifty and they also still consider themselfs rather boys Big Grin

By the way-coloring things is always an adventure even for me and it can easily spoil everything.Little image of Basil the Second for you:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Semih that legionary have one serious disadvantage for combat-his sword is somehow lacking grip holder :evil: !

Haha, shhhh! I am secret enemy of Rome thus I crafted that weapon accordingly. :twisted:

Scythian warriors.

[Image: 936630_10202038844765134_398706065_n.jpg]
posted by Semih Koyuncu