Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armamentaria Gallic H
I bought a Gallic H through Armamentaria (Depeeka) and have a few questions for you miles veterans.

First, what do you all think of the Armamentaria Gallic line?

Second, the one I received has a nasty rivet right in the center holding the bill/bar under the eye brows. Can I remove that or grind it down?

Third, the cheek guards don't seem to line up perfectly and seem to be off a bit. Also, when you tie the cheek guards it rises up my chin. What work needs to be done to get it a bit more authentic?

Thanks!
Titus Curtius Fronto
Bradley
Hi
Firstly bin the "skull cap/liner" that came with it then try putting in your own liner,adjusting it as you go with varying thicknesses to get a good fit. As for tying the cheek gaurds, the thong should be under your chin so i cant see how it rises up?
Work to be done is very little but defo change the crest tie and cheek tie rings as they are only butted rings and are made of "putty", way too soft to take any tension.
Cheek gaurds not linig up shouldn't be a problem, no ones head is symetrical.
Overall Ade does a very good selection of all types of helmets, he wouldn't sell anything not up to standard.
Kevin

Re cheek guards...dont forget to pad them out to ensure a good fit when thong is tied.
Kevin
Kevin:

Thanks for the tips! I already deep sixed the skull cap, what a hunk of junk. I plan on making my own liner of 100% felt. Another miles mentioned using the ring on the back of the neck to thread your chin strap. Will try a better leather tie.

Titus
Grab the skull cap and wear it between your head and the felt. You'll be able to wash it if you like, and it is already the right shape, so if nothing else, it could make a good pattern. 8)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Yes, use the ring at the rear to attache the tie straps, threaded to opposite chekpieces.

Dave, if he uses a decent felt liner he wont have mych room for the thick skullcap.
Also the felt will dry out quickly! Confusedmile:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Bradley!

If you have a narrowish head this will help the fit of the helmet. Bend the hinges of the cheek pieces inwardards. Usually with the Deepeeka helmets the cheek pieces are bulging outwards and leaving too much room for the the sides of the face and the cheek pieces. You might have to remove the cheek pieces first but that is easy: just use a hammer and a nail (snap the sharp tip of the nail off) and gently hammer the pin out of the the socket of the hinge...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Thanks to everyone who offered advice and suggestions. I have found a pattern for a helmet liner. I plan to use 100% felt and stuff it with lambs wool. As for the cheek pieces, yes, using the back ring makes a world of difference.

Titus Curtius Fronto
Bradley
Bradly, although you seem to have an idea of what to do, here is a picture of me with my Gallic H. The cheek guards are a bit short so after I loop it through the ring on the neckguard, I leave a bit leftover so my knot is tied below my chin, that way I can open my mouth to talk or eat without the ties getting onto my lips.

[attachment=4358]5-21-12VespaRoman037.JPG[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt