Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing Sacred
Perhaps this comes of none of the current CONDEM government in the UK having served in the military Cry
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
vindex

seems money is more important than our military!!!!!!!!!
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
They did the same in the early '90's
Kevin
Kevin
What a shame, if military pride and respect is the same in the UK as it is (currently) here in America, perhaps popular support can change things?
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
The problem with the British military, the Army and Royal Navy in particular, is that all the Battalions, Regiments, ships and shore establishments have such a long and distinguished history it depends on the lobby :roll:

But The Duke of Boots Regiment lost FIVE boys in one hit in Afghanistan in March this year. Sad
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Perhaps this comes of none of the current CONDEM government in the UK having served in the military Cry

or possibly from their mommies and daddies never telling them 'NO', slapping their asses when they did wrong, and telling they were 'special' all their lives..... :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
What does amaze me is how governments can cut the military the way they are doing yet will still spend Billions on a massive Nuclear deterant.
I spent my 22 years in the military when the cold war was still there I even used to set up the systems that would throw the bomb at Moscow.
However all of that is now gone so why in the world are we wasting money on this kind of nonsence now, and not only destroying our armies and long standing regiments but putting a lot of poor young guys onto the unemployment list when so many of them have given what they have.
Brian Stobbs