• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The return of Scipio Africanus
Enjoy!
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I would if my Italian was better...
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Same here unfortunately. i suppose a copy and paste to Bing translator might work...
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Or Google Translate. Why do they bother I wonder? Wink

Here "Scipio Africanus"
ten days above 35 degrees
Above average temperatures throughout Italy, especially in the Centre and South Islands, with peaks in the middle of next week. Queues on the roads towards the city by the sea. Alarm even in the tent city of Modena

ROME - The heat has not kept you waiting. "Scipio Africanus", was renamed as the anticyclone from the Sahara, arrived in Italy making up the columns of mercury to - and beyond - 35 °. Higher temperatures will last at least ten days and will peak around Wednesday and Thursday.

Scipio, as experts say, is an extended structure anticyclonic Saharan Africa with roots that extend to Central and Eastern Europe, hitting Italy directly. The wedge of high pressure will be capable of pumping hot air into the Mediterranean for about ten days. A period of sunshine, then, throughout the peninsula, except for local temporary cloudiness with occasional rain in the Alps and the Po Valley area high.

The temperatures will exceed 30 ° of all Italy, but the peak is reached around the middle of next week with record peaks around 40 ° South and between the major islands, 36/38 ° to the center on areas of inland plain and up to 34/36 ° to the north on the central eastern Po Valley. Lots of water, fresh fruit and vegetables and light clothing are some of the tricks listed by the Ministry of Health 2, to avoid the heat in the Ten Commandments posted on its website.

The concern also affects the Emilia, after warning earthquakes must run the hot alert for 15 thousand displaced people living in tent camps. In Modena, the temperature reached 32 degrees and should rise again today, with highs near 40 degrees received.

AFA also affected traffic. Long lines of cars formed in the morning to the seaside. But not only has strong outbound traffic from the big city, this morning, from north to south, but without critical details, at least until the late morning. Slowdowns from the Piemonte Liguria and Bologna towards the seaside resort of the Riviera. Long lines of cars formed in the morning even to the seaside towns of the Veneto. The traffic police report major slowdown towards the east coast - Jesolo, Bibione and Caorle - and towards Chioggia and Submarine.

A thought, then, goes to stray dogs and cats: the AIDAA, the Italian Association for Defense of Animals, asking merchants to leave out a bowl of water from the store to quench their thirst.

It is not the first time June record heatwaves important: in 2007 lasted ten days, with record highs of 47 ° on June 25 in Foggia, Bari 45 °, 44 ° to Catania. Just as in 2003 with a peak of 34-36 ° in Milan between 10th and June 15th and 37th grades in Ferrara. And spring, now that we said goodbye, was, according to Coldiretti, the sixth warmest for two centuries, with a temperature of 1.29 ° above average.
(June 17, 2012)
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Oh .....

So that's what it's all about.

Confusedhock: :? :oops:

Scipio lives, but I'd wager he was hoping for a somewhat more noble memorial. I wonder how many people reading that article do not know who Scipio was? :?

Thanks Robert!

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I wonder if that has anything to do with the milder than normal temperatures here in FL?
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
All this time I was thinking Scipio was a real person....more fool me!! Wink
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yeah, GJC, now we find out he is just a big bag of hot air.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I was thinking of him more like a bit of a hothead...
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)