Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belt Leather
Ave Miles,

I want to make my own belt, but would like to know the best place to get 3-4-5 oz leather hide, straps, or pieces at a reasonable price. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Titu Curtius Fronto
(Bradley Finfrock)
Where do you live?

Any tack and harness shop should be able to get it for you. Tandy Leather is where I get mine from.

Legion: TBD
I live in Northern Virginia.

Titus
Well, those of us in Legio XX in northern Va have leather and supplies. Have we met?

Are you part of another legion? You can join us at a fabrica.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Titus, we'll be having a fabrica soon. PM me offline and I'll fill you in, or... just post on the unit list, I saw you were there.
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
You can't go wrong with the Legio XX guys Bradley...most of us N. American groups were influenced by them!

Legion: TBD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cingulum Belt sewing and leather colour Zarathustra 1 410 05-17-2021, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Crispianus
  The leather strap or belt "keeper" question jkaler48 11 2,988 11-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Last Post: jkaler48
  Leather belt construction Marcus Mummius 75 15,416 01-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Last Post: jvrjenivs