Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum for Ancient Reenactment
I saw this and thought that I would post it. I am happy Mr. Lanteigne will finally have his own forum to post on. I wish him luck.
Marsh

This was posted on Edge Gibbon's list:

Quote:I've tried to hit everyone I can think of who's personal emails I have....

The time has come...

There is a new forum for ancient reenactment, called "FAR". Forum for Ancient Reenactment. Pretty original eh?

The forum is now up and running. This forum is different from RAT, or Armour Archive, or MyArmoury.com etc. It is geared towards us. It is geared towards N. American reenactors and how we do things. How we run events, how we participate, how we make gear.

This forum will not have elitist attitudes, it will not have cliques. Not everyone will be on the same level in terms of knowledge, skills, or equipment. That is OK. We've all met each other at some point, and we are all friends. This is the attitude and atmosphere I want to foster. I want to trade knowledge about every facet of reenacting that is absent on other forums.

Check over each section...there is a sticky at the top explaining what each one is for, as well as a small description under the forum area title. Read the rules section (they aren't long, don't worry).

When you register, you have to be approved by a staff member. At the bottom of the profile registration page, please add in your unit (if applicable), and your location, or who recommended the site to you (if applicable). Also, you must use your real name as a forum name. UNTIL YOU REGISTER, the only visible section is the "What's new" area, but they cannot be accessed. Only registered members can view it.

I have missed people in this mailing list...probably entire groups. PLEASE spread the word. I know I've missed the chicago legions, and III Cyrenaica, and probably others. If you have FB, spread the word there...but do so directly via private message.

This forum will contain only N. American members...at least for the first while.
So, without further delay...

http://ancientreenacting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Matt Lanteigne
Sometimes known as "Lorny" or "Magnus"
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
????

Of course there are so many Roman period reenactors that starting off a Forum which excludes a bunch of people, even if they are irritating at times, makes great sense.
I am sure I have irritated someone at some point so I think I will pass on the new Forum until Dan David Marsh and others are invited. Oh and also the people in Europe and elsewhere have the technology to travel to North American and might have an interest in attending events here. Many non North Americans are interested in and follow event news
about events here like the Clash of Iron event(Lafe).
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Geeez, and I am not even mentioned ! :evil:

Wink

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
As you say, we wish him well.
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
just a thought, maybe we can make a forum for native american reeactment with just participant from Europe?? :mrgreen: :?
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Too bad so sad. There were issues with this forum that werent resolved so i started my own forum. Minus the problems occuring here.

Specific people will never be members because of their poor attitudes and predispositon towards BS. Marsh, you are number one on that list. (deleted comment)
Its a private forum, so yes....I get to pick who joins. And Henk....you are always welcome, as are others.

(Post moderated by Caballo due to personal comment re individual RAT member infringing RAT forum rule. As above, we wish you well, but on RAT, please abide by the forum rules )

Legion: TBD
I was just kidding Matt.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Ooooooh! Handbags at dawn!! :-P
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
No problem Jos...my post was directed towards Marsh and any of the other notable "personalities" that have frequently caused nothing but headaches amongst reenactment circles. They know who they are.

IF the forum becomes viable...and that's a big IF...since it could fall flat on it's face, I'll open up the membership to any and everyone. But right now I don't want to jump the gun until it's actually sustainable.

And please note, it is NOT a competing forum with RAT. RAT will still remain the forum for scholarly research and debate.

Matt, what's wrong with you? I even wished you luck. Do you think I'd try to join your forum? Really?? . Good luck in your life. We're not having any talks about anything.
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Gentlemen please. Confrontations are always inappropriate and poor behavior never condoned. Events are not for such things.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quite. Matt please amend your post. In the context of this and previous discussions, "a little face-to-face chat" sounds like a euphemism.
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
I would say this thread is indicative of marsh's predisposition to cause trouble behind his monitor. If you want to do something constructive Paul, delete ot lock the thread.

It simply isnt right that you selectively moderate. If I am to be edited...so should marsh, given his original post is what created the problem in the first place.

And there was no euphemism in my desire to tell marsh off face to face. This way he cant hide behind his computer. If you think it was code for something else....I can assure you marsh isnt worth the trouble when words will suffice.

[Image: popcorn.gif]
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wall Street Journal on ancient reenactment richsc 16 3,484 07-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Wikipedia: List of ancient reenactment groups Gaius.Cornelius 11 4,876 09-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Magnus