Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descendants of roman patrician families
Veni, Vidi Vici! (and that was just with your wife, you phoney)! :twisted:
I know you, you emancipated slave, who lacked even the smallest token of gratitude,
and who took the name of another family, to aid your pretense!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hah ! I do not even have a wife you upstart rascal who spends his evenings amongst freedmen the likes of Trimalchio, enjoying his perverted parties.

That you think you can sit in the front row of the theatre, wearing your cheap copy of a gold ring which you polish with your own behind every day when you visit the baths is one thing, but do not dare calling me an emancipated slave, you puer delicatus of the worst kind !

You dance with dwarfs during the Lupercalia, and I would not think it strange that you in secret are a worshipper of the cult of Magna Mater, because your high pitched voice gives away what is really lacking underneath that cheap Egyptian priests dress you call a Toga.

Son of an Ex Instrumentum Vocale, who begs for grain tokens on every street corner when there is another handout. Your oil is stale, your wine is sour and your bread is molded. Even your murals fall down because of the bad mix of egg and paint. Ha if I could only call your shack a villa. Why dont you return to your cave Samnite !

Even the birds stop singing when you step onto the forum. Go away and never return little man.

Even the Gauls already told you,

"Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person! Ai blow my nose at you, so-called "Iulius Caesar" ! You and all your silly Roman EQ-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-QUESTERSS!!"

"you empty-headed animal food-trough wiper! Ai fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

I am going to my Villa Rustica now, and fetch my Cow, Just like they did.

That´ll teach you.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Sorry to interrupt your intriguing banter, but didn't some society years ago trace George W. Bush's ancestry back to Mark Antony? Or at least to the family?

I have tried a few times to see if I could trace any of the Julii past the first century, but it is just too confusing (for me anyways)
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Quote:Sorry to interrupt your intriguing banter, but didn't some society years ago trace George W. Bush's ancestry back to Mark Antony? Or at least to the family?

I have tried a few times to see if I could trace any of the Julii past the first century, but it is just too confusing (for me anyways)

Well here are all his known descendants who were famous or people of note. There were many more who's lines we have no knowledge of such as his first children with Fadia. That runt Octavian never stood a chance! :-) Can you tell I'm an Antony fan?
If George W. can trace it back to one of these lines good for him....but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. My ancestors go back several hundred years to the same little town in Italy, far enough that there are no church records anymore. Maybe next time I'm there I'll pay a visit to the church and take some notes.

Antony's children:

1. Antonia, born 50 BC, had 1 child
A. Pythodorida of Pontus, 30 BC or 29 BC – 38 AD, had 3 children
I. Artaxias III, King of Armenia, 13 BC – 35 AD, died without issue
II. Polemon II, King of Pontus, 12 BC or 11 BC – 74 AD, died without issue
III. Antonia Tryphaena, Queen of Thrace, 10 BC – 55 AD, had 4 children
a. Rhoemetalces II, King of Thrace, died 38 AD, died without issue
b. Gepaepyris, Queen of the Bosporan Kingdom, had 2 children
i. Tiberius Julius Mithridates, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 68 AD, died without issue
ii. Tiberius Julius Cotys I, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, had 1 child
i. Tiberius Julius Rhescuporis I, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 90 AD, had 1 child
i. Tiberius Julius Sauromates I, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, had 1 child
i. Tiberius Julius Cotys II, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, had 1 child
i. Rhoemetalces, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 153 AD, had 1 child
i. Eupator, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 174 AD, had 1 child
i. Tiberius Julius Sauromates II, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 210 AD or 211 AD, had 2 children
i. Tiberius Julius Rhescuporis II, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 227 AD, had 1 child
i. Tiberius Julius Rhescuporis III,King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 227 AD
ii. Tiberius Julius Cotys III, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 235 AD, had 3 children
i. Tiberius Julius Sauromates III, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 232 AD
ii. Tiberius Julius Rhescuporis IV, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 235 AD
iii. Tiberius Julius Ininthimeus, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 240 AD, had 1 child
i. Tiberius Julius Rhescuporis V, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 276 AD, had 3 children
i. Tiberius Julius Pharsanzes, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 254 AD
ii. Synges, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 276 AD
iii. Tiberius Julius Teiranes, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 279 AD, had 2 children
i. Tiberius Julius Sauromates IV, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 276 AD
ii. Theothorses, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 309 AD, had 3 children
i. Tiberius Julius Rhescuporis VI, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 342 AD
ii. Rhadamsades, King of the Bosporan Kingdom, died 323 AD
iii. Nana, Queen of Caucasian Iberia, died 363 AD
i. Rev II of Iberia
ii. Aspacures II of Iberia
c. Cotys IX, King of Lesser Armenia
d. Pythodoris II of Thrace, died without issue
2. Marcus Antonius Antyllus, 47 BC – 30 BC, died without issue
3. Iullus Antonius, 43 BC – 2 BC, had 3 children
A. Lucius Antonius, 20 BC – 34 AD, had 2 children
I. Marcus Antonius Primus, 30/35 AD – after 81 AD
II. Antonia Postuma, born 34 AD
B. Gaius Antonius
C. Iulla Antonia, born after 19 BC
4. Prince Alexander Helios of Egypt, born 40 BC, died without issue (presumably)
5. Cleopatra Selene, Queen of Mauretania, 40 BC – 6 AD, had 2 children
A. Ptolemy, King of Mauretania, 1 BC – 40 AD, had 1 child
I. Drusilla, Queen of Emesa, 38 AD – 79 AD, had 1 child
a. Gaius Julius Alexio, King of Emesa, had 1 child
i. Gaius Julius Fabia Sampsiceramus III Silas, King of Emesa, had at least 1 child
B. Princess Drusilla of Mauretania, born 5 AD or 8 BC
6. Antonia Major, 39 BC – before 25 AD, had 3 children
A. Domitia Lepida the Elder, c. 19 BC – 59 AD, had 1 child
I. Quintus Haterius Antoninus
B. Gnaeus Domitius Ahenobarbus, 17 BC – 40 AD, had 1 child
I. Nero (see line of Antonia Minor below)
C. Domitia Lepida the Younger, 10 BC – 54 AD, had 3 children
I. Marcus Valerius Messala Corvinus
II. Valeria Messalina, 17 AD or 20 AD – 48 AD, had 2 children
a. (Messalina was the mother of the two youngest children of the Roman Emperor Claudius listed below)
III. Faustus Cornelius Sulla Felix, 22 AD – 62 AD, had 1 child
a. a son (this child and the only child of the Claudia Antonia listed below are the same person)
7. Antonia Minor, 36 BC – 37 AD, had 3 children
A. Germanicus, 16 BC or 15 BC – 19 AD, had 6 children
I. Nero Caesar, 6 AD – 30 AD, died without issue
II. Drusus Caesar, 7 AD – 33 AD, died without issue
III. Caligula, 12 AD – 41 AD, had 1 child;
a. Julia Drusilla, 39 AD – 41 AD, died young
IV. Agrippina the Younger, 15 AD – 59, had 1 child;
a. Nero, 37 AD – 68 AD , had 1 child;
i. Claudia Augusta, Jan. 63 AD – April 63 AD, died young
V. Julia Drusilla, 16 AD – 38 AD, died without issue
VI. Julia Livilla, 18 AD – 42 AD, died without issue
B. Livilla, 13 BC – 31 AD, had three children
I. Julia, 5 AD – 43 AD, had 4 children
a. Gaius Rubellius Plautus, 33 AD – 62 AD, had several children
b. Rubellia Bassa, born between 33 AD and 38 AD, had at least 1 child
i. Octavius Laenas, had at least 1 child
i. Sergius Octavius Laenas Pontianus
c. Gaius Rubellius Blandus
d. Rubellius Drusus
II. Tiberius Julius Caesar Nero Gemellus, 19AD – 37 AD or 38 AD, died without issue
III. Tiberius Claudius Caesar Germanicus II Gemellus, 19 AD – 23 AD, died young
C. Claudius, 10 BC – 54 AD, had 4 children
I. Claudius Drusus, died young
II. Claudia Antonia, c. 30 AD – 66 AD, had 1 child
a. a son, died young
III. Claudia Octavia, 39 AD or 40AD – 62 AD, died without issue
IV. Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus, 41 AD – 55 AD, died without issue
8. Prince Ptolemy Philadelphus of Egypt, 36 BC – 29 BC, died without issue (presumably)
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Do the family members that date into the 4th century descend of the children he had with Cleopatra?
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
No they are descendants of the marriage between Mark Antony and his Paternal first cousin Antonia Hybrida Minor. They had a daughter appropriately named Antonia (what else?) born in 50 BC. She was married to Pythodoros of Tralles. That line is the longest going back to the Orator Marcus Antonius who was Antony's grandfather. He was Consul 99BC so he was born well before 100 BC. That line goes forward at least to Nana, Queen of Caucasian Iberia who died 363 AD. If it can be traced further along that line I don't know but that is at least 500 years!

Antony
Quote:Hah ! I do not even have a wife....

Blah-blah-blah-blah....

I am going to my Villa Rustica now, and fetch my Cow, Just like they did.

That´ll teach you.

M.VIB.M.

Says he who is herded by the pig-herd!

Enjoy your perverted union with your bovine lover!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
So I love Bovinia, what of it ?

May I remind you of the song which was written about you during your Gallic campaign ?

Bravely bold Caesar rode forth from his Roman steed. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Iulius. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Caesar. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Caesar. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...

And you answering : "That's, uh, that's enough music for now, lads... looks like there's dirty work afoot. "

And your Legionaries kept singing :

LEG X: [singing] Brave Iulius ran away...
Caesar: *No!*
LEG X: [singing] bravely ran away away...
Caesar: *I didn't!*
LEG Xl: [singing] When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.
Caesar: *I never did!*
LEG X: [singing] Yes, brave Caesar turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out.
Caesar: *Oh, you liars!*
LEG X: [singing] Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat. A brave retreat by brave Iulius.

You probably dont even know the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow !

M.VIB.M.

[On another note, and the claims that mr. Bush would be descended from M.Antonius, there are many examples of medieval kings who ordered lineages made which proved that they were descendants of the one they called Christ. [reminds me of that silly story the Iulii always seem to want people to believe about their lineage...]

H.J.Vrielink.
You probably dont even know the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow !

It would depend on how fast he was flying.... :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
No, it depends whether it is an African or a European swallow.....

You should have known that... Misfit !

Wink

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Is this an African or European swallow?
[attachment=4273]swallow.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Antony
Quote:No, it depends whether it is an African or a European swallow.....

You should have known that... Misfit !

Wink

M.VIB.M.

Still depends on how fast it is flying, regardless...offspring of a union of farm beasts! :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I love to see the continuing influence of Montius Pythonis. Who said culture was dead?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:I love to see the continuing influence of Montius Pythonis. Who said culture was dead?

:mrgreen:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I used to work with an Italian-American guy whose last name was Dentato. I told him all about the famous Roman consul Manius Curius Dentatus, though I doubted any direct descent after 2280+ years...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did patrician families of Rome used something similar to crests? Corvus 2 1,561 07-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Corvus
  Footwear and Families at Vindolanda Vindex 3 1,473 03-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Alanus