Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012
Quote:Within this spectrum there is also a place for the reenactor who wears a hand loomed tunic, hand made armour and a scutum painted with casein paints (I'm guilty of the last 2).

The thing I feel is most important is that we do accept the troops that don't have fully accurate kit as much as we accept the historical nerd (who can put the public to sleep after 5 minutes).
So true. To me, as long as people try to improve their kit each time they go out, they're going forward. That's great! If people do this, why would ANYONE ever criticize them? I don't. If someone asks me for help, I try to give it. Shouldn't we all, as Roman reenactors, help each other out?

Anyway, I KNOW where my faults lie. I'm not happy w/ a lot of my kit and this last weekend where it was so hot (in the mid-90's -- that's in Fahrenheit), I was just too tired and didn't feel like doing anything. I had been sick all week and just didn't feel like putting on armor when it was that hot. SO sue, me, I'm getting old and just like if it's freezing and my feet are killing me, when it's that hot, I'd rather sit in the shade w/ comrades and BS about Roman things. As it was I improve dmy kit, learned some things and had a great time at Roman Days. Big Grin
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012 - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 06-13-2012, 06:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEVA 2012 66kbm 103 18,959 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Last Post: DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS