Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012
Quote:Oh yeah, what exactly are your Goals Pytor, and again what if any group are you with?

Getting the kit that's as functionally close to the original as I can and letting it work. I'm always curious about how something worked and how I can get it to work. I do a lot of things like for example washing with olive oil and a strigil for a week, like walking in caligae for week and a half and so on. Let's call it amateur experimental archaeology. Right now my main goal is to get rid of the ridiculously heavy Indian gear and get myself something with better handling characteristics. Oh, and an armour that doesn't cut circulation in my left hand.

And what are my goals? Can you list them? :wink:

For psychics, press 5
:}

Are you involved with Cezary's group?

Correct.

But you attached your self right behind me in the line and yet you didn't notice the better quality kit under your nose....

I did.
Sigh... sorry, I feel like someone who pointed out bad spelling on a blackboard and is being shouted at because there's plenty of good spelling there as well. This is a kindergarten level of oversensitivity. How will you ever improve if everyone just pats your behind and tell you what a good boy you are for trying so hard?

I am sure I can dig up quite afew photos of the Polish groups and pick many holes in them too, but thats not the point, the point is, they are improving.

And that's because there's plenty of people who pick holes and make them aware of those. Groups with "everyone is a winner, everyone is special" attitude stagnate. There's plenty of those in reenactment.
By all means, pick holes, point out inaccuracies, correct me where I am wrong. I will be grateful for that. Honestly and without any irony.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012 - by Piotr Smolanski - 06-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEVA 2012 66kbm 103 18,968 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Last Post: DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS