Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what colour mak star??
Hi
I have recently been given a hand me down mak shield. It is brass faced and pretty.
However I wish to paint a mak star on its face and before I embark on this exercise in symetry I thought I should ask here what colour would be most suitable for an Alex period sarissa wielder's shield.
regards
richard
hello!

I have seen the shield painted in many colours and combinations, blue/purple, red/purple, white/red, but the whole shield, just know I can't remember any specific colour for the star. In the Agios Athanasios tomb, the star looks yellowish so it could be unpainted bronze. Also in the tomb of Lyson and Kallikles, the star piece seems to be unpainted metal to me.
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Having rediscovered the Vergina tomb painting I have decided to go with the dark purple laurel on the rim, leaving a the interior with its metal sheen and the star itself in the light blue with purple as its "shadowing".
Actually my wife has decided this Big Grin as I would have left the rim metallic and painted the white and then blue concentric circles with a white star with black shadowing as per the wall painting. She has agreed to paint it and is a far better draftsperson than I. Nect question. What advice on paints to paint on the brass/bronze shield facing??
regards
Richard