Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Museum Horse Exhibition 24 May to 30 Sept
"The horse: from Arabia to Royal Ascot"

A celebration for Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee. As its supported by the Board of Trustees of the Saudi Equestrian Fund and Juddmonte Farms (modern TB breeders) amongst others it has an accent on the Arabian horse and the influence on the modern TB race horse.

In the pre-exhibition information in the current British Museum magazine, however, there are many references to the Parthian and Sasanian influences too with some wondrous artefacts gathered from around the world as well as from the BM's collection.

Free admission to the exhibition.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/ex...horse.aspx

And a review:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2012/j...ory-horses
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
There will also be a exhibition about historic cavalry in the Allard Pierson museum, Amsterdam starting next week, if I'm right.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Think i will go to this! I doubt i have many events to make it to this year!
Horses will doninate i think!
if my back behaves...and I ca nget more sessions booked!

Thanks Moi!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British Museum Online dBase Jona Lendering 2 1,181 03-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Last Post: fasta
  British Museum Guide to Early Iron Age Antiquities Andrew Brozyna 0 950 06-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Andrew Brozyna