Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocking news: Elvis was a Roman!
This is so shocking news. Priscilla tried to hide it, the Graceland foundation tried to hide it, the CIA tried it. They even set up this diversion with area 47 but now the truth has finally come to light. Elvis was not from Tennessee, but Roma, Italy, city of love, jawywalking and vespas! World exclusive the definite proof now on RAT. We all knew it, Rock 'n Roll was Roman: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...esley.html
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
You mean Italian, right? The Ethnicity that was Roman died out after the germanic invasions/Byzantine re-conquest

But interesting news, I always thought Elvis was italian heritage, to find out he was born in italy is fascinating
Quote:You mean Italian, right? The Ethnicity that was Roman died out after the germanic invasions/Byzantine re-conquest

Why would it have died out? While the Empire may have collapsed the people were still the same and continued to live in the same areas. There was no mass exodus from Italy. The only thing that changed was who was ruling them. Diluted for sure, but died out?

In southern Italy many of the little towns and villages can trace their roots back before the middle ages. My grand mother's town has the oldest Roman bridge at the bottom of the mountain, dated to the Punic wars. Her town is mentioned by Pliny! Before that it was part of Bruttium and Magna Grecia. People stay in their same town and marry people from the same town and that's the way it has been up until the 20th century. So I wouldn't agree with you that Roman as an ethnicity died out. It just was replaced with many other ethnic titles just as being a Brutti was replaced with Roman which was replaced by a hundred other different labels.

BTW I love the bust! :grin:
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Quote:You mean Italian, right? The Ethnicity that was Roman died out after the germanic invasions/Byzantine re-conquest
But if these revelations are true, he was born before then.
Dan D'Silva

Far beyond the rising sun
I ride the winds of fate
Prepared to go where my heart belongs,
Back to the past again.

--  Gamma Ray

Well, I'm tough, rough, ready and I'm able
To pick myself up from under this table...

--  Thin Lizzy

Join the Horde! - http://xerxesmillion.blogspot.com/
You'll note that the article doesn't say where the tomb was found. For my money, Elvis has a distinctly Thracian look.
Pecunia non olet
But Elvis also looks like Nero 8-)

[attachment=3949]Nero.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3950]ED-AM057_elvis_G_20100817175420.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Antony
Quote:But Elvis also looks like Nero 8-)

And both made music... you're on to something here!! Confusedhock: :mrgreen:
M. Caecilius M.f. Maxentius - Max C.

Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur
- Q. Ennius, Annales, Frag. XXXI, 493

Secretary of the Ricciacus Frënn (http://www.ricciacus.lu/)
Quote:
Magister Militum Flavius Aetius post=312126 Wrote:You mean Italian, right? The Ethnicity that was Roman died out after the germanic invasions/Byzantine re-conquest

Why would it have died out? While the Empire may have collapsed the people were still the same and continued to live in the same areas. There was no mass exodus from Italy. The only thing that changed was who was ruling them. Diluted for sure, but died out?

In southern Italy many of the little towns and villages can trace their roots back before the middle ages. My grand mother's town has the oldest Roman bridge at the bottom of the mountain, dated to the Punic wars. Her town is mentioned by Pliny! Before that it was part of Bruttium and Magna Grecia. People stay in their same town and marry people from the same town and that's the way it has been up until the 20th century. So I wouldn't agree with you that Roman as an ethnicity died out. It just was replaced with many other ethnic titles just as being a Brutti was replaced with Roman which was replaced by a hundred other different labels.

BTW I love the bust! :grin:

I didn't word that right; when I said died out I mean it blended with the new ethnic groups like you said. My mistake. It disappeared, but became something new.

Also, wierd he does look like Nero
Quote:Also, wierd he does look like Nero

Gives new meaning to "hunk of burning love" doesn't it? Particularly since amor is roma; we're onto something here.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:
Quote:Also, wierd he does look like Nero

Gives new meaning to "hunk of burning love" doesn't it? Particularly since amor is roma; we're onto something here.

And don't forget that there were at least three times that "Nero" was sighted after his supposed death in 68 AD: in Achaia in 69 AD, some ten years later under Titus with support from Parthia, and again under Domitian (again supported by Parthia). Elvis also keeps being seen!! So, did Nero survive or did Elvis time-travel? Tongue
M. Caecilius M.f. Maxentius - Max C.

Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur
- Q. Ennius, Annales, Frag. XXXI, 493

Secretary of the Ricciacus Frënn (http://www.ricciacus.lu/)
Quote: My grand mother's town has the oldest Roman bridge at the bottom of the mountain, dated to the Punic wars. Her town is mentioned by Pliny!

Interesting. What village is this? Do you find your bridge listed among these Roman bridges?
Interesting link. Actually no I don't see it listed there. I'm not surprised though because there are no tourists there and it is quite a climb down a steep mountain to get to it. The bridge goes over the Savuto river in Calabria. The town is south of Cosenza and it's oldest name was Sturni, which became Sillano during the middle ages and then finally Scigliano as it is known today. The bridge is called "Hannibal's bridge" and also Ponte Sant'Angelo. It is dated to at least 120-130 BC and was part of the Via Popilia which went from Rhegium (Reggio Calabria) to Capua built by Tiberius Graccus.

http://www.sciglianocomune.it/natura1.htm#ponte romano

Here is a pic of the bridge in its undisturbed location. I love going there. You are completely alone. And one from the view out of the window of my grandmother's house.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Antony
It is very probably the "Ponte sul Savuto". The date of 130-120 BC would make it indeed one of the very oldest existing Roman arch bridges. A honorary title which is equivalent to one of the very oldest existing arch bridges in the entire world. I'll look up Galliazzo's I ponti romani to verify it.
If I am not mistaken, the 'bust' is actually part of a group tha tmake the corners
of a Sarcophagus.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:http://www.sciglianocomune.it/natura1.htm#ponte romano

This is what two authorities have to say about this bridge:

Quote:The fine single-span bridge, the Ponte sul Savuto, rises steeply from the low bank at one side to mid-span and then proceeds horizontally to the high bank at the other. The arch, with a span of 20.5 m and a width of only 3.58 m, has two rings of local limestone. The spandrel walls are of small, irregularly coursed stones, with a large buttress flanking the archway on the lower side.

O’Connor, Colin (1993), Roman Bridges, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-39326-4, p. 74

Quote:Scigliano. Ponte detto d'Annibale o Sant' Angelo sul fiume Savuto (Sabatus).
Sul percorso stradale da Capua fino ad Columnam (la cosiddetla via Popi/lia )
nei pressi della stazione di ad Sobarum fluvium; altri pensano ad un diverso
tracciato.

Ad Ovest del centro abitato e dopo il casello autostradale AltiliaGrimaldi,
quasi a km 3 da Carpanzano.

Notevolmente restaurato, il manufatto presenta una lunghezza di circa
m 60 e una larghezza di m 3,58. Ha una sola arcata a tutto sesto
con una luce di m 20,50 ed una freccia di m 9: gli archi di testata sono
a doppio anello sovrapposto in piccole schegge di calcare locale. mentre
le rimanenti strutture sono in opera a sacco e paiono di restauro.
Asimmetriche sono le spalle: una è corta, sollevata e s'appoggia all'alto
argine destro, l'altra invece è in pendenza ed assai più lunga,
pro letta a monte da due contrafforti sempre in opera a sacco (restauri
moderni?).

Difficile è una sicura datazione: comunque gli archi di testata a doppio
rotolo suggeriscono II secolo d.C., perché sembrano aver conosciuto
le esperienze dei ponti traianei soprattutto della vicina via Appia
Traiana.

Galliazzo, Vittorio (1995), I ponti romani, Vol. 1, Treviso: Edizioni Canova, ISBN 88-85066-66-6, p. 110 & 112

So, Galliazzo rather leans towards a late, Traianic date.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elvis can travel through time Bran ap Maclou 6 2,100 08-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS