Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Conference Regensburg 2013
For all: There is a change of plans for sunday afternoon. The Ship-company now no longer offers trips on sunday. I´ll see what else we can do.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Sadly, I think I have to leave on Sunday afternoon anyway due to duties on Monday... I wish I could stay longer in Regensburg, especially now that it is spring. But I am looking forward to the weekend nevertheless!
------------
[Image: regnumhesperium.png]
Elaine and I will be there on Friday Christian.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:Sadly, I think I have to leave on Sunday afternoon anyway due to duties on Monday... I wish I could stay longer in Regensburg, especially now that it is spring. But I am looking forward to the weekend nevertheless!

As mentioned before I will be there only from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon also because of duties (called work) on Monday. I, too wish I could stay longer but at least I look forward to these one and a half days.
I joined RAT just yesterday. I am living in Munich (close to Regensburg) and for 2 years work on an exhibition on Roman Army. We just completed a full legion, scale 1:72, so it is a serious project.

My question: Is it too late to join the RAT conference? If no, is there interest in showing a few of the stuff that we have prepared so far.

Many thanks for a quick reply.
Tom
Tom
I really don't think that is much of a problem, but of course Christian is the one to ask...

Anyway, I will join you in the Regensburger Weissbrauhaus on Friday evening. Is there a table reserved for the RATC? Or how will I recognize you? I know Graham and Jurjen, but I am not sure about the other...
------------
I will also only join somewhere friday nigth. It will be quite a drive from Nijmegen and I'm not yet sure what time I'm able to leave (hopefully 15:30 at the latest.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Come by, you are very welcome. :-) Bring your iPad with the Legion pics :-)
Christian K.

What about this:
Is there a table reserved for the RATC? Or how will I recognize you when I arrive at the Weissbrauhaus?
------------
You´ll find us without problems. I promise. ;-)
Christian K.

I remember our first conference at Augsburg, also organized by Christian and I didn't know anybody of RAT at that time, but he had his Late Roman helmet with him, put it on the table so it was really easy to recognize. I assume, that he will do something like that again 8-)
Maybe dressing like a half-naked gladiator?
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
Have fun guys!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Have a great time everyone! I wish I were with you this weekend!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Thanks. I'm just back from Regensburg, which was a long drive. But it certainly was a nice trip and worth it. Had some interesting discussions with Christian, Graham and Tom. Very nice also to see some other friends again, have good lectures and finally saw the Straubing hoard in real.

Looking forward to next years conference.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT Conference 2013 - Location Discussion caiusbeerquitius 16 8,149 03-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Joze Noriker