Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new(ish) book
Shameless plug for #histfic fans (and at only $0.99/£0.77 it isn't going to break the bank). Seditio. Best not to be eating meat whilst reading, towards the end...

Right, back to the real work.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
You Tempter, you! :evil:

This one won't break the bank - and written by such a sterling character and fine author as Mike Bishop, as well! Knowing exactly where from and how my meat gets to the table - It would take a lot to put me off my meat-eating (I used to inspect elevators in a slaughterhouse - and my step dad raises and slaughters his own beef cattle.)

What would you get if everyone on RAT bought it, Mike? Glad to see I can get it as a pdf, since I don't have an e-reader (occasional Luddite that I am).

Now I have to create a login to actually buy it. :grin:
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
Sounds like a thrilling read. What a pity, it's not available as an old-fashioned printed book. I would feel awkward reading a novel as a print-out on a bunch of crappy paper.
I have it now - saved as a pdf on my desktop. Bought it Friday, shortly after posting above. I am familiar with the incident from reading Tacitus' Agricola.

I have no problem reading a printed out book such as this on letter size copy paper. I fully intend to copy an entire book, Roman Military Law, from Yale University's main library in a few weeks, and that will be done the old fashioned way - paying to use the copy machines at the library.
Quinton Johansen
Quote:my step dad raises and slaughters his own beef cattle.
I'm guessing it's not actually beef they're eating... Confusedhock:

Looks interesting!
Nathan Ross
I have not gotten very far in with my reading yet.

I'm anticipating that they are indeed not eating BEEF. But then I spent some time yesterday looking up and reading online about the Donner Party who were snowbound and lost in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in 1846 and what the survivors ate in order to live. It is a rather famous incident in the earlier years of the pioneers moving west - in this case to California during the Mexican-American War. They renamed the pass and a lake near it due to the incident.
Quinton Johansen