Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forging the Blade, a novel looking for Readers
Hailog, fellow RAT members

The Demon's Door Bolt is out in paperback and Kindle, a tale of the greatest battle ever waged... at least according to Uther Pendragon. This is a novel you will either hate or love, and so far the few reviewers have loved it.

My upcoming novel is Forging the Blade, a mostly-historical story taking place from AD 347 to 350, the first three years of Aoric's purge of Gothic Christians. Surprisingly, at least to me, it turned out as pre-Arthurian, at least in the sense that the prototype "Arthur" may have been "the Bear." The reader is also introduced to Tyrfing, an actual sword that may have been the basis for The Sword in the Stone.

I'm looking for pre-publication readers. If you have an interest in the Goths and a youthful Fritigern, I can email a PDF of the story to you. Drop me a PM. It's not short, 497 pages, but it's a new take on a subject that has always been considered Celtic.

The tale has the Roman cavalry woven into it, and includes several battle scenes, just in case you like that sort of stuffSmile
[attachment=3413]FtB_Cover3_copy.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Just pm'd you
Quote:Just pm'd you

Hey, Joe

Your email address isn't working as the way you gave it to me. PM me again with the full version or another address. It's ready to go and sitting in my draft box. :grin:
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  italian readers new book on Sulla! Goffredo 2 1,046 07-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Vincula