Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sangria
What with the weather getting so warm, I started to open up the back screened porch (scene of many Roman parties, YAY) and immediately thought of pleasant things to drink. I'm looking for good sangria recipes. I did manage to get the following from a Facebook Roman who is also a Catalan, so must be pretty good Catalan sangria: I don't know what Bing meant by 'salvadorans" or why they should be squeezed: maybe someone knows better than I.

Ingredientes (4 personas):
1 Litro de vino tinto
2 naranjas de zumo exprimidas
4 melocotones troceados
5 cucharadas de azúcar
2 cortezas de limón
2 pellizcos de canela molida
Ingredients (4 persons): 1 liter of wine red wine 2 squeezed juice oranges 4 chopped peaches 5 tablespoons sugar 2 rinds of lemon 2 pinch of ground cinnamon (Translated by Bing)

Paso 1: Echar el vino en un cuenco o jarra y añadir el azúcar hasta que se disuelva bien.

Paso 2: Se exprimen las naranjas y se añaden al cuenco. Puede cortarse alguna rodaja de naranja entera como adorno.

Paso 3: Lavar los melocotones, q...
See More
Step 1: Pour the wine into a bowl or pitcher and add sugar until it dissolves well.

Step 2: Salvadorans are squeezed oranges and add to the bowl. A slice of whole orange as adornment can cut.

Step 3: Wash the peaches, remove the skin and cut into small pieces to wedges (a medium-peach into six pieces, for example). Add them to the mixture. If it is not summer peach can be substituted for any fruit you have on hand (e.g. apples) step 4: put everything in a jar or large container. Store in the refrigerator. It must be served very cold. If you want to slightly lower the alcohol content of the Sangria, add ice cubes and slices of lemon. (Translated by Bing)
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Ah, she corrected me: she livesin Madrid. Had a Catalan father though.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:What with the weather getting so warm, ...
You are kidding, right?
[attachment=3408]Weather_19-03-12.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Ah, but Richard is in Alexandria, Virginia/Washington D.C. and we, at least those of us in parts of the USA have been experiencing a rather warm winter. And today is officialy spring.
Yesterday it was 79 degrees fahrenheit in Connecticut, away from the immediate coast. Today will be in the mid 60's inland, a little cooler on the coast, then up into the 80's tomorrow and Thursday, perhaps. We could use a little rain; the relative humidity was at 10% a few days ago - and that is like the Arizona desert. Brush fires are a concern.
Our low temperatures over the last couple nights have been where our highs should have been - in the low/mid 40's.
What better way to celebrate the blossoming of the cherry trees in Washington D.C. (they are in full bloom now!) than with a good glass of Sangria?
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
Quote:Ah, but Richard is in Alexandria, Virginia/Washington D.C. and we, at least those of us in parts of the USA have been experiencing a rather warm winter.

Yes we have been experiencing an exceptionally warm Winter/Spring. I am in NW Ohio and we have had an exceptionally warm winter, it hardly got below freezing, and today the high is a record breaking 84F! Perfect day for a sangria or failing that, a simple beer!
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt