Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re enactment group in North East England
Is that 'THE' Dan Sawyer? Champion horse archer?

I'd love to get a couple of lessons from you!

Cheers
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Blimey, I've become a the! :grin: Runner-up horseback archer, certainly. Don't know about champion!

Always happy to help, although if you're in Yorkshire it might be a while before I'm next around...
You know that the Centre of Horseback Combat has just relocated to Welshpool, I assume? Thats where I train. Horseback Archery Open Weekend is 28-29 April...
Quote:You know that the Centre of Horseback Combat has just relocated to Welshpool, I assume? Thats where I train. Horseback Archery Open Weekend is 28-29 April...

Have you got a link to a web site or anything?

Bring your own horse or loan one?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Horses supplied, along with bows, arrows etc if you need them. If you want to use your own horse then contact them and they may be willing, but I honestly don't know since I don't own a horse! Own archery kit is fine. They can also do you lessons in jousting, trick riding, stunts etc. I spent Saturday afternoon riding around with a sharp sword picking up 3" targets off the ground!

www.horsebackcombat.co.uk is the link.

I also recommend their rider confidence course, which combines confidence building with a sort of survival kit (horses rearing, horses falling, how to fall off etc) and is dashed good fun into the bargain!
Without wanting to hijack this thread further, I've just heard that the ground at the Centre is very wet (apparently national droughts do that...) so anyone thinking of coming to the open weekend would be well advised to check the website before setting off, in case of cancellation.

Fingers crossed!
And cancelled Sad
It will be rearranged for later in the year.
Pity, it sounded interesting.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well, on a purely selfish note I'm happy as I'd forgotten I'm away doing "posh" horse stuff this weekend anyway...dressage clinic no less! :lol:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I shall post here again when we get details of the next date, plus any further events that come up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for a re-Enactment group in Utah horatius 5 2,554 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: jkaler48
  re-enactment in north wales Richard Wynne 8 2,215 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Richard Wynne
  Irish Re-Enactment Group Formed Nerva 3 1,498 04-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Alexius