Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You never usually see me in kit but....
Romans gatecrashed the Viking festival this weekend and this was a rare opportunity to get a picture of me in my 'provincial' Northern kit.

Paul Elliot (Mithras) took a couple of me in my kit on the Roman map at the Yorkshire museum so I thought i'd post them up here.... hopefully this might re-inspire the discussion for a Ladies impressions sticky on the board

Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Wow it is impressive and all the small details. Great work!
Patrick D.
Looks pretty good, fits the climate of the region too!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Very nice kit! And I want that map.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Very nice! A couple questions...I am making my g/f a tunic and stola...what did you use for straps on the stola? And what kind of belt do you wear?

Legion: TBD
Quote:Very nice kit! And I want that map.

I have a wider view of the map here. Yes, I am having fun with the map!

[Image: roman-conquest-dice-game.jpg]
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
That is very impressive however are they two trumpet brooches you have at the shoulders, for I hope you don't think me nit picking if I say they look to be the wrong way around.
It may be just me but can we see a closer shot of them.
Brian Stobbs
nice Kit Claire 8)
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
Quote:I have a wider view of the map here. Yes, I am having fun with the map!
Honey I shrunk Paul Elliott!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi Brian,

No, they are not trumpet brooches, they are beaded fibula and the pin is angled up and away so I don't stab myself in my chest area :-?
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Great kit Claire. They still dress like that on a Friday night out in Sheffield..... :o
Scott Goring
Claire.

It must be my poor and very old eyes these days and rightly as you say pin uppermost, that is indeed the same with most Roman brooches and trumpets do have the curve of the bow in the lower direction for it holds the folds of cloth and also pin upwards.
Brian Stobbs