Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum sections for Mythology?
Has the administration here at RAT ever considered sub-forums for Greek and Roman Mythology discussions? Not sure how everyone else feels, but those subjects certainly fascinate me.

Thoughts?

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
I guess that this could be done once adequate interest (I guess a sufficient number of threads?) was shown.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
I love mythology, too. For the past six months my screensaver has been different paintings of mythology. (The muses at the moment.) But couldn't we just use the Civ Talk forum?

Quote:Ancient Civ Talk

Government, legislation, and justice system. Economy and trade, technology and engineering, society and culture, domestic and foreign policy.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:I love mythology, too. For the past six months my screensaver has been different paintings of mythology. (The muses at the moment.) But couldn't we just use the Civ Talk forum?

Quote:Ancient Civ Talk

Government, legislation, and justice system. Economy and trade, technology and engineering, society and culture, domestic and foreign policy.

Yes, good point and there is also the Off Topic section, though perhaps a dedicated section(s) may spark more discussion of mythology? :-|

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Start in the off-topic section. If there are enough threads then admin might consider a mythology section.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Agreed. Start in OT.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Just out of curiosity, why Off-Topic? Isn't mythology part of ancient culture?
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com