Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperium: Nerone, brand new Release DVD
We were just discussing a few days ago on the thread bellow: "Augustus" starring Peter O'Toole<br>
How there was this plan to feature in time several Emperors and how this was an European cooproduction.<br>
<br>
Well..I just watched tonight the second release of this Series. Its about the live of Nero, from his start as freightened child surviving Caligula, the raise of Claudius (Sorry, no battles in Britannia) and Agripina´s plot to make way for her Son´s raise.<br>
Its very long..I will finish it tomorrow.<br>
<br>
Great movie, the same scenarios y saw on Augustus are all there...also the same Leather Segmentatas.<br>
<br>
I have looked but personally I have not found any link in Amazon or even Amazon.uk. This is what I found: (In Spanish)<br>
<br>
www.dvdenlared.com/dvd/dr...alquiler)/<br>
<br>
www.hansmatheson.org/nero...rtada.html<br>
<br>
And here in English..with a pretty unsavoury critique about its TV release past July (and nobody knew about it???)<br>
<br>
www.imdb.com/title/tt0383790/ <p></p><i></i>
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
So I guess they're all being made, although German co-producer KirchMedia is bancrupt, AFAIK.<br>
The guy who wrote the review on IMDB wrote that the others ware "Titus", "Marcus Aurelius","Costantinus" and "The Fall of the Roman Empire". I guess they scrapped Hadrian.<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Aka
Christoph
Quote:</em></strong><hr>a pretty unsavoury critique about its TV release past July (and nobody knew about it???)<hr><br>
<br>
Not me. I don't know that it was aired in the US.<br>
<br>
I can't find the DVD either.<br>
<br>
So they're working on "Titus" now I assume. I wonder how long it takes to film one of these episodes. They seem to film fast (maybe because of the fact that all the sets from "Augustus" are reused in every episode (?).)<br>
<br>
Julius Caesar and Marcus Aurelius have both been similarly treated by Hollywood. Historically, all the Hollywood movies on them both only cover the very last year(s) of their lives (e.g. Cleopatra, Gladiator, Fall of the Roman Empire). We finally got a film on Caesar that's comprehensive in 2003 with Jeremy Sisto and Richard Harris. Now it's Marcus Aurelius' turn .<br>
<br>
I'm most eager to see that episode and the last two episodes since the most neglected part of Roman history by Hollywood is the Late Empire.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=theodosiusthegreat>Theodosius the Great</A> at: 3/5/05 1:26 am<br></i>
Jaime