Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LARP defence against spearmen
Ahoy there!

I hope there are some larpers amongst us. I was on a game, where there is a health point system: you have 3 by default, arm damage is worth 1, legs worth 2 (feet, hands, groin, head and neck not to be attacked), torso is 3, while metal armour subtracts 2 damage, leather subtracts 1.

The thing is, there was a group of app. 20 men, who all wielded 2-2.5 m long spears, and a few of them big shields with them. There were ~8 of us with 4th century late roman equipment and they basically hacked us into pieces.

We are currently in the making of Xth century reenactment byzantine equipment, and we can make a larp version too, but even if we are shielded and armored, we will still be outnumbered, and I can't think of tactics, which could be successful.

Help me, would you kindly? (Obvious Bioshock-reference.)
Mark - Legio Leonum Valentiniani
Javelins, Arrows and slingers if it's allowed. Run up just short of contact and launch weapons, retreat, stop short launch weapons again and scatter. Make them chase you into a line of pike men. Run around then launching weapons while they fight pikemen.
Quote:Ahoy there!

I hope there are some larpers amongst us.

I hope not...

I like to keep these worlds as far apart as possible. LARP in my eyes, though a valid hobby just like Dungeons and Dragons does not add to re-enactment or historic research.

However, it is good that you posted this in the Off Topic section, and I am sure there will be some fellow members who will be able to help you on this quest Smile

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
pikeers, polearms spears are all long range if you stand in a sheild wall they will pick you to peicrs need to fast step advance get wiyh in their striking range and press them if you are sheild to hands with them you win

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman anti-RF defence A_Volpe 11 1,762 06-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  www.defencetalk.com - A New Haven for Defence enthusiasts Anonymous 4 2,137 04-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Anonymous