Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Military Equipment Book
Looks like May 31 is the date for our calenders.<br>
<br>
Check out [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1842171593/qid=1108809895/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-1875111-5758468?v=glance&s=books" target="top]RME 2 on Amazon[/url] <p></p><i></i>
** Vincula/Lucy **
Hi,<br>
on amazon.co.uk the date is 20. February...[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1842171704/qid=1108816392/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-3332859-8087808" target="top]Roman Military Equipment 2[/url]<br>
<br>
Alexandr <p></p><i></i>
I ordered mine direct from Oxbow, and they vaguely said February.<br>
Two additions: hardback and paperback. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
<em>Looks like May 31 is the date for our calenders.</em><br>
<br>
Well, nobody at Amazon bothered asking the authors! Frankly, such dates are vapourware until you see the book in your hand. I ordered a volume of letters from a WW1 pilot to his wife which was due out last September according to Amazon; the day it was due they shifted the release date to 6 months in the future - it means nothing, as publishers shift release dates for many and various reasons and, despite the instant gratification seemingly offered by the internet, we have to live with that.<br>
<br>
Let's nail this here and now: B&C2 will be out when it's out - I have had to contend with a hard disk crash that took out all of the (heavily) revised 1st century AD and Antonine drawings (backups went too) which I am now having to re-do. My co-author has not been given any research time until now, when he has to prepare a new book on Trajan's Column, a book of sources on the city of Rome, and his part of B&C2.<br>
<br>
My <em>intention</em> was always to have the book finished by Christmas 2004, but as we all know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.<br>
<br>
My advice is ignore the dates bandied around; when I send the finished tome off to Oxbow this board will be the first to know. I can do no better than that. Now I must get back to drawing...<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Do you two need a contribution of a jump drive to back up your work? A 256mb USB key would be very helpful. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
We'll be waiting patiently. We promess.<br>
<br>
Hans <p></p><i></i>
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Hi Mike,<br>
thanks for clarification.<br>
<br>
Alexandr <p></p><i></i>
Personally, I'm going to wait for the film....now, who will they cast as Dr Bishop? <p></p><i></i>
perhaps Clint Eastwood or Sean O´Connery? <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Salve

I have seen at OXbowbooks is yet published. Anybody have it?

Vale
Hi,

Well, it isn't the first time Oxbow Books refers to it as published and we all know what happened then. So let's wait some more and see. Dr. Bishop said we would be the first ones to know, so let us await for the white smoke coming out of his high hat.

I only hope he has already found his way to this RAT-version and that he isn't lost somewhere on RAT version 1.

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Spoke to Coulston last month. He still had to write his part at that time. So Oxbow is too soon, by far :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes, they send me a message that probably arrives at july..... :roll:
I have ordered a copy from Amazon in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 07-6433251

Does anybody have a copy yet?
Quote:Does anybody have a copy yet?

And if you do, could you let me see it because

a) you've clearly got a time machine secreted somewhere
b) I want to know how it turns out
c) I may be able to use some of it in a new book I'm writing... hang on...

Mike Bishop
(Reports of whose publication are greatly exaggerated...)
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20th Roman Military Equipment Conference (ROMEC XX) in Cologne Eleatic Guest 0 954 06-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Eleatic Guest
  Journal of Roman Military Equipment Studies vol 11 Thomas Aagaard 4 3,744 05-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Julian Parthicus
  New Book on Roman "Parade" Equipment jho 4 2,859 11-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Virilis