Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chester Roman Festival 2012
Salvete Omnes!

The Chester Roman Festival will take place on Saturday the 2nd and Sunday the 3rd of June 2012 in Chester, Cheshire, England. This is the largest Roman festival in the UK and we expect to have a full cohort this year. The format will largely be the same as 2011 i.e. a large scale Roman encampment in Grosvenor Park, a mixture of military displays and gladiatorial combat in the amphitheatre and a massed march of the legions through Chester city centre on both Saturday and Sunday.

This year we have decided to introduce a competitive element to the festival. On Sunday afternoon groups are be invited to take part in a series of military manoeuvres and drill in the amphitheatre. Each group’s performance will be scored by a panel of independent judges and the one that scores best will be presented with the Deva Victrix perpetual trophy.

Please see the following for details:

http://www.chesterromanfestival.org Website...

[email protected] For general info...

[email protected] If you would like to attend as a re-enactor...

[email protected] If you would like to attend as a trader...

Valete,

Nerva.
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]
According to my calendar, the Saturday & Sunday are the 1st & 2nd of June 2012!?
Nick
I must try and attend this year. Chester is all of 10 miles away from me! :oops: Big Grin
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Quote:According to my calendar, the Saturday & Sunday are the 1st & 2nd of June 2012!?
Not sure which calendar you are using??? On mine it's saturday 2 and sunday 3 June, 2012.... Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
This seems to be a very popular weekend to organise events...

Both the event in Nijmegen and the event in Saint Romain en Gal take place on the same date...

Really a shame! Sad
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
I'll be there for sure!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
I'll be there for sure! Not sure if I am trading this year, might just do some demos....

I am thinking of putting together an Early Etruscan/LaTene impression from 500BC... and this might be its first outing Smile
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Legio XI cpf (Belgium) is going to Nijmegen.
Maybe next year.
TiTvS Philippvs/Filip
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legioxi.be">www.legioxi.be
Indeed, I really hope we can make it to the Chester Roman Festival soon.
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
spectacular execution image on the front of the web site, might not be the best magnet for a family audience though
Salvete Omnes!

Some of you have reported problems with the website, so we've made some minor changes and hopefully now all is fixed.

Valete,

Nerva.
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Postponement of Chester Roman Festival until 2014 Squamatus 4 1,473 01-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Last Post: 66kbm
  Gallo-Roman Days 2012 hoplite14gr 6 2,334 07-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jkaler48
  CHESTER ROMAN FESTIVAL Graham Sumner 63 14,722 08-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Last Post: Ghostmojo