Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacific Northwest
Legion VI, Cohort II is recruiting and trying to find Roman reenactors for the unit in the Pacific Northwest. Right now we have three scheduled events for 2012. We have loaner equipment for both Republican Roman and Imperial Roman military.

Jim Franklin
Where are you based?
David Wilson

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus.
We have members at Fort Lewis (WA), Astoria (OR), Portland (OR) and Seattle (WA)

Jim Franklin
Come join the legion, the duties are light and life is good in Legio VI Coh II.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Do you have any members in Boise Idaho area?
Not yet, but I do get out there once and a while.
We could do an event out there to help recruit, like a Ren Fair, or Military show.
Let me know what I can do.
Tiberius
That would be great I'm interested in roman reenactment and getting my kit set up even if I just do reenactment myself but lots nicer to have a group to be associated with and do events with even if not all the time
Salve,
So our facebook group is Castra Ferrata (http://www.facebook.com/groups/castraroma/) which is where the members talk about new stuff, debate stuff and we put up our coming events.

Where are you in getting your kit? I ask because there are some really good sources and some terrible "fantasy" sources out there.

As for events, look in your area. See if a Ren Fair or military fair is coming up (even next year!) and get me the contact info and I can work on getting us some space there to setup. We have a large camp setup including the squad tent, Centruio Tent, and kitchen tent. We also have all armor from early Greek, Macedonian, Early Rome, Middle Rome and late Rome.

You can email me directly at [email protected]

My friends in the Iron age call me Tiber (short for Tiberius the terrible!)

Vale
Tiber
Ok I'll have to look you all up on facebook. As for my kit probably be making the large majority of it myself clothes armor shield etc helmet I'll probably have a local armorer make as that's above my skill level and have a good blade for a gladius as well so just have to buy or make the rest of the lot doing it little by little.

As for events you could hook into if you wanted there are a few ren fairs in the area along with some reenactment events that you would be welcomed to attend as well.
So, let me know what help I can be. If you get me some contact info from the Fairs, I can contact them. Are there any events during Memorial Day weekend? We don't have any out here and it would make the drive worth it.

Like I said, Castra Ferrata on Facebook or you can email me direct at [email protected]

Tiber
If you guys do an event in (or reasonably close to) Boise, count me in! I live in Twin Falls.
Take what you want, and pay for it

-Spanish proverb
To our milities friends out in Idaho, we have found one event that takes place in Boise that might work for next year (2013), in October time frame. It is the Boise Ren Fair. Also, we are looking into the Tri-Cities area of Washington to the Fair that takes place in June. I know that does not help for this year. I will post our 2013 schedule as soon as it is set.
So, newbie question here: how exactly would one go about participating in an event? (And by "one", I mean "I")

Is it as easy as joining online, showing up with my kit, shaking some hands, and being shown the ropes in person? Or is it a "let us get to know you, to see if we are ok with sharing a contuberum tent with you" -type process?

Any input would be greatly apppriciated.
Take what you want, and pay for it

-Spanish proverb
Hey guys,

From western Canada here and just getting into making some segmentata from scratch... Well all but the brass fittings and helmet. I have a friend who works at a fabrication place who is going to cut out my pieces from the patterns on this site http://www.larp.com/legioxx/lorpat.html unless you guys turn me away from there.

Anyways I'm very excited about getting started and hope to slip across the border and check out some of your events.
Matt, yep, that's usually the way it works. There is a contingent of Romans in Oregon, or Southern Washington, I think, but I don't have any firsthand info.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any groups up in the pacific northwest? Kogwar 6 2,805 05-28-2016, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Czear12