Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
300 AD tunic found- any Scandinavian speakers?
Adrian Wink emailed me this- any Scandinavians that can translate?

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hedma...4?mid=5540

[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
This is norwegian,

I've used the literal Google translation, which sounds a bit rubbish, but you get the general idea:

'Coat which was found in Breheimen between Lom and Skjåk this summer, is estimated to be 1,700 years old, ie from around the year 300 AD.

Thus, it is the oldest preserved garment that is registered in the country. Coat was found on an old hunting-ground.

- We got up about 300 findings only on the capture site. Yesterday we found a wide arc. So there are extreme things that come up here. There are so many great things we are, says county archaeologist in England, Espen Jensen.

- Findings The amount and composition is quite exceptional, even in an international context. We found the coat a few weeks ago. It lay in a heap on the ice. First, when it was folded out for about a week ago we saw that it was a garment.

He is overwhelmed by everything they find, and they are very excited coat that is dated to year 300. Coat is ullvevd, and was, according to Jensen, a common garment in the Iron Age and Middle Ages. It is a male garment that is found, and the coat has probably gone down to his knees and was worn with a belt around his waist.

- This was an outer garment, and it has been NOK wool underneath. This was a great garment to have in the mountains, says Jensen. Unike funn

Coat is found on an over 1000 year old campsite that appeared in Breheimen National Park because of melting ice. Archeologists believe the findings are unique. The campsite was used when the hunters were in the mountains to catch the reindeer.
Tresmykke (Photo: Oppland County Council)

A tresmykke found after the ice has melted.
Photo: Oppland County

- In the summer drew the reindeer up in the snow to cool down. Then followed the people for next deer were an important food source. When was the capture site we have found used.

It is found shoes, textiles, jewelry, hunting gear and tent pegs almost 2000 meters above sea level at Lomseggen. There are hot summers, combined with little snow, which makes it ever shows up past memories of the ice in our mountains.

Previously, we have found a 3500 years old shoes in Jotunheimen.

Findings:

Coat is found on an over 1000 year old campsite that appeared in Breheimen National Park because of melting ice. Archeologists believe the findings are unique. The campsite was used when the hunters were in the mountains to catch the reindeer.
Tresmykke (Photo: Oppland County Council)

A tresmykke found after the ice has melted.
Photo: Oppland County

- In the summer drew the reindeer up in the snow to cool down. Then followed the people for next deer were an important food source. When was the capture site we have found used.

It is found shoes, textiles, jewelry, hunting gear and tent pegs almost 2000 meters above sea level at Lomseggen. There are hot summers, combined with little snow, which makes it ever shows up past memories of the ice in our mountains.

Previously, we have found a 3500 years old shoes in Jotunheimen.'
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
i have a few friends...I might be able to con one of them into translating it. :grin:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
In this case "Global warming" has helped to find this tunic and all the rest of the arifacts. Smile
Is there a preliminary report?
Regards

Garrelt
-----------------------------------------------------
Living History Group Teuxandrii
Taberna Germanica
Numerus I Exploratores Teuxandrii (Pedites et Equites)
Ludus Gladiatorii Gunsula
Jomsborg Elag Hrafntrae
Quote:Adrian Wink emailed me this- any Scandinavians that can translate?

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hedma...4?mid=5540

beast. An incredible discovery